Philips Trueforce CorePro LED HPL

Anything regarding LED lighting
Mrstreetlight

Re: Philips Trueforce CorePro LED HPL

Postby Mrstreetlight » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:42 pm

Hard to say. Some people like brigher lights, others want same level of light or dimmer. I do wonder if they use this partular LED lamp, since they call it a "SON retro fit" and they were retro fitting SON lit estates.

Where your lamp is a "merc" retro fit. And councils don't think about infact lets use this smaller size lamp, they just seem to pick what is suggested to them
AngryHorse

Postby AngryHorse » Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:44 am

I know this post is from last November, but interesting to what James is saying, in September of 21, I fitted a B+Q bought 13 watts LED filament lamp to my Arc80 I had off him, and you would be surprised how well it lights my back garden given it’s at about the same height as the street lights up our road!

For general outside lighting you don’t actually need it at 4000/6000 lumens, even your common 1521 lumens consumer market lamps perform well in lanterns with road spec optics.
Mrstreetlight

Postby Mrstreetlight » Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:45 pm

Interesting. Do you have a photo of the Arc lit? :D
AngryHorse

Postby AngryHorse » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:39 pm

Only this one, but it’s not entirely accurate!, the iPhone way over represents lighting at night so it’s not as bright as this!, also given my coach lanterns are only 4 watt LED filament candle lamps, you can see how bright the phone makes them!, but the general spread of light from the Arc on the garden is incredible considering it’s only housing a B+Q Diall 13 watt filament LED!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AngryHorse

Postby AngryHorse » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:46 pm

The lamp holder is set to its widest distribution point as well, but the brilliant optics in the Arc80s still suit these lamps even though their not discharge!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mrstreetlight

Postby Mrstreetlight » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:22 am

Now that i like! Suits the Arc well.

I might do the same when me and my girlfriend live together, get a lantern up front and back :D
AngryHorse

Postby AngryHorse » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:53 pm

These DIALL lamps work well in these as their quite a fair size lamp, and you can choose what colour you put in it!
Mrstreetlight

Postby Mrstreetlight » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:06 pm

I think i know where i'll be shopping soon! Haha

Return to “LED Lighting”