Energy crisis?

Any sort of discussion to do with any lighting whether it be vintage to modern!
AngryHorse

Re: Energy crisis?

Postby AngryHorse » Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:28 am

This is pretty much going to be the end for the Tories, the energy increase will be 80% in October, then not 2 months later at the start of the new year it’s rising again 51%!
That’s not going to be forgiven from the electorate!
Welcome to OBLIVION
Nick217

Postby Nick217 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:01 pm

And the reason for the increase... To mug us lot off for more profit.
AngryHorse

Postby AngryHorse » Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:14 pm

Oh and how they are too! , my monthly DD I reckon could go from £197 to over £400 by next year! ;what
Welcome to OBLIVION
Andy

Postby Andy » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:32 pm

I've always voted for the Tories ever since I have been old enough to vote but am unlikely to vote for them in the forseeable future with how little consideration they have given to addressing this energy crisis.
I won't be voting for Liebour or the Lib Dims either for what it's worth.
The £1 kilowatt hour will arrive next year! They really are all a bunch of self serving cunts.
AngryHorse

Postby AngryHorse » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:38 pm

I’m done with mainstream party’s too now I was Conservative, but look at this joke of a country now, crime OUT OF CONTROL, energy, OUT OF CONTROL, illegal immigration OUT OF CONTROL, rich/poor divide OUT OF CONTROL!
Next general election for me is either Reform Britain or spoilt ballot paper!

These WEF puppets are not worth the time of day!
Welcome to OBLIVION
Funkybulb

Postby Funkybulb » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:39 pm

Here in the US my electric rate shot up to 12 cents a KW from my normal 10 cent a KW. But I still use Incandescents in winter months. My home have a electric furnice and oiled filed electric radiator for heat. In Day time i will use my solar produce electricity to heat water and other heating
Loads and incandescent loads right off my solar panel, i average out 1.8 KW each hour and about 1 KW in winter
On cloudy days. It enough run my oil filled radiator on
120 Volt DC with no inverter this also apply to universial motor power tools in the summer months. I also have 3.2 KW
Battery bank that powers 12 volt DC stuff. I did this to get rid of any A/C to DC wall adaptors as that waste power on energy conversion
AngryHorse

Postby AngryHorse » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:57 pm

Fortunately for me I pay what they call in the UK a ‘duel fuel direct debit’, its where you don’t actually get a usage bill, you pay a variable monthly rate for both gas and electric, and your either in the black or in the red (where your prices go up), I’m nicely in the black, so my energy bills have actually come down by £20 a month, but I feel sorry for those still on a ‘bill for what you’ve used’ payment system!
Welcome to OBLIVION

Return to “General Lighting Discussion”