Possible running of 200w SLI lamps

Anything to do with discharge lamps mercury, SON, SOX etc and their control gear! Do you just need information on how to run a lamp correctly? Post it here!
PeterG

Possible running of 200w SLI lamps

Postby PeterG » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:00 am

I just found these on ebay at £25 each with free postage:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325598993205

Now I'm not confirming this will definitely run a 200w SLI lamp successfully - my disclaimer is to do research yourself and whether or not this will run or blow a 200w SLI lamp is at your own risk as I have not bought nor experimented with this choke. I have researched to conclude that the running voltage of the lamps that this choke will run seems to be between 120-135v, so it is likely that this is the voltage range output of this choke, and the choke is rated on the label at 1.63 amps.

Given that a 200w SLI lamp requires 135v at 1.6amps, if this choke is used with an appropriate ignitor it might well run a 200w SLI lamp. Once again - any experiments are at your own risk - I'm just saying that its possible it could work for anyone interested. If you buy and try, let me/us on the forum know the results of your experiment as it'd be most interesting to know the results.

Cheers, Pete

Return to “Discharge Lighting, Lamps & Control Gear”