Modern Tridonic Issues

Any sort of fluorescent Light fittings, lamps, CFLs basically anything that has a fluorescent tube! Any experiments or basically any info or help anyone needs post it here!
Kev

Re: Modern Tridonic Issues

Postby Kev » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:22 pm

The difference with those combo ballasts is that they have a lot more circuitry in but were all U.K. made and yeh that’s the cheap piece of shit tridonic basic
Beta 5

Postby Beta 5 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:48 am

It’s a shame they lowered to making those, even the pcb material looks cheap, and thorn went and used them in the PP’s!
Interestingly though the fixing centres on the 1x36W one are the same as a 36W choke so you know what will happen when it fails ;)

Yeah I like that the PC combos are UK made, the construction also looks decent too.
The PC DD Pro 2D ballasts are also UK made (guessing the same factory as the combos), don’t know if those are any good too?
Kev

Postby Kev » Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:52 pm

Yes they are all made in the former atlas factory!
Beta 5

Postby Beta 5 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:27 am

Good to know, it's also nice to use British made ones too!
I suppose they have stopped making them all now though, all the data I could find for them has "phased out" written across the sheets.
Kev

Postby Kev » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:07 am

I had some modern tridonic issues yesterday, two brand-new 1X 49W weather packs fitted them, both came on fine then one went out then the other. China ballasts fucking crap
Beta 5

Postby Beta 5 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:39 am

Indeed absolute junk, what did you replace it with? They are not even worth installing if they are going to do that tbh.
I've found the older version with the open ended cases to be better, a least they actually get to the end of the first tubes life in my experience.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Fluorescent Lighting”