A warning for everyone regarding postage

Any sort of discussion to do with any lighting whether it be vintage to modern!
PeterG

A warning for everyone regarding postage

Postby PeterG » Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:01 pm

This week, I've had two parcels lost by Evri (formerly Hermes). One of them Evri actually sent a certificate of damage with a confirmation that the item has been destroyed in transit. Thankfully nothing rare. Upon contacting ebay, the bloke on the phone actually told me they've had loads of problems with Evri. As a result, I'm going to ask anyone I buy anything from on ebay to use any courier but under no circumstances to use Evri or Hermes, and tell them I will pay the increased difference in postage costs to get a better courier service. Better that than something lost or destroyed. Two in one effing week!.

My reason for posting is only to say watch out with Evri - they rebranded from Hermes and got even worse in the process. You might want to consider avoiding them so that your parcels arrive safely. Perhaps we can send these shameless f*ckers out of business in the process LOL
Kev

Re: A warning for everyone regarding postage

Postby Kev » Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:37 am

Yeh no I totally agree they are always late I have had the same issues and lost £20 at Christmas as they couldn’t find my farm.
Totally useless and easily the worst courier.
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:14 pm

Nothing new here at all. Hermes / Evri have been crap for years. Your stuff is more likely to end up for sale at a car boot (with your address details still attached) than it is to actually be delivered to you.
Bad choices make good stories!
HIDLamp

Postby HIDLamp » Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:30 pm

We recently got a new Evri delivery driver and there's no end of problems in the area of parcels being delivered to the wrong place (wrong village on occasions) and in cases when they deliver to us they seem to have given up knocking on the door or using the safe place to put them instead electing to leave them on full view on the doorstep even when we're in. Then the other week the driver was off sick and they had nobody to take over so no deliveries for nearly a week and all Evri did was sent a standard text out at 15:00 each day to say your delivery wouldn't be made that day.
PeterG

Postby PeterG » Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:08 pm

Yeh no I totally agree they are always late I have had the same issues and lost £20 at Christmas as they couldn’t find my farm.
Totally useless and easily the worst courier.
Just amazing that a company can keep going with such a terrible rep all over the country
PeterG

Postby PeterG » Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:08 pm

We recently got a new Evri delivery driver and there's no end of problems in the area of parcels being delivered to the wrong place (wrong village on occasions) and in cases when they deliver to us they seem to have given up knocking on the door or using the safe place to put them instead electing to leave them on full view on the doorstep even when we're in. Then the other week the driver was off sick and they had nobody to take over so no deliveries for nearly a week and all Evri did was sent a standard text out at 15:00 each day to say your delivery wouldn't be made that day.
That's just ridiculous. Total contempt for the customers is unsustainable
PeterG

Postby PeterG » Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:09 pm

Nothing new here at all. Hermes / Evri have been crap for years. Your stuff is more likely to end up for sale at a car boot (with your address details still attached) than it is to actually be delivered to you.
LOL - it'd be funny if that happened in my case and the buyer contacted me about it - that'd be an excellent case for a very lucrative lawsuit
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:55 am

It's been fairly well documented in the past. Pretty sure I've read an article about exactly this in the news.
Bad choices make good stories!
FrontSideBus

Postby FrontSideBus » Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:41 pm

Can't say I've ever had a problem with them tbh. Either sending or receiving.
Danny
Site Admin

Postby Danny » Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:46 pm

I went through a small spell not long ago of issue after issue but TBH Before that and since I've never had bother either.

Return to “General Lighting Discussion”