Really interesting unusual little lamp

Any sort of discussion to do with any lighting whether it be vintage to modern!
PeterG

Really interesting unusual little lamp

Postby PeterG » Thu Aug 15, 2024 11:21 pm

Bought a couple of these just as they're so unusual. Thought some might find them interesting.

Its not every day you see a mini low voltage capless (wedge base) reflector lamp
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235060671484
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GreatNorburyStDepot

Re: Really interesting unusual little lamp

Postby GreatNorburyStDepot » Sat Aug 17, 2024 2:32 pm

Certainly an interesting little lamp indeed.

Wedge type bulbs seem to have been popular in vehicle dash lighting - presumably they won’t rattle loose unlike the MES capped lamps.

Following in a similar vein, I picked up a few of these lamps. They are 120V with a US size edison screw base (in-between an E10 and E14 thread). It might be a candelabra base, possibly.
IMG_7266.jpeg
Anyway, they were ‘rescued’ from one of the derelict ‘OTIS’ lift panels located in the now demolished Trinity Square car park in Gateshead.

Those familiar with the Michael Cane film ‘Get Carter’ will recognise the location of this brutalist 1960’s landmark.
IMG_7268.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
”I can’t think why you want to go to London. You won’t find any better lamp posts there.”

L.S. Lowry. (1887 - 1976)
PeterG

Re: Really interesting unusual little lamp

Postby PeterG » Sun Sep 01, 2024 1:21 pm

Oh they're interesting I like those mini reflectors

Return to “General Lighting Discussion”