Question about Philips anti-cycle ignitors

Anything to do with discharge lamps mercury, SON, SOX etc and their control gear! Do you just need information on how to run a lamp correctly? Post it here!
dor123

Question about Philips anti-cycle ignitors

Postby dor123 » Mon Sep 09, 2024 11:19 am

Are Philips ever made anti-cycling ignitors with timed pulsing like the other manufacturers? Most that I've seen in Lantern_Vision gallery at LG, are continuous pulsing, including the SN 58 T15 ignitor, and the ignitor of my Philips HID-PrimaVision PV C 70 /S CDM electronic HID ballast inside my tracklight.
Philips had digital ignitors at the first and the second decades of the 2000's, but are they had timed pulsing or continuous pulsing?
I love see run-up and hot restrike of HID lamps, mainly on timed ignitors, and spectra of metal halide lamps.
Danny
Site Admin

Re: Question about Philips anti-cycle ignitors

Postby Danny » Mon Sep 09, 2024 11:53 am

Yes they did… like this one in the Picture attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dor123

Postby dor123 » Mon Sep 09, 2024 12:44 pm

@Danny: The Philips SN 58 T15 ignitor don't have timed pulsing, and I already mentioned this in my info. You can see and hear it hot restrikes a Philips HPI-T 400W lamp on a SON gear here: https://www.lighting-gallery.net/galler ... os=-101994
Timed pulsing, is when the ignitor don't pulsing constantly, but takes a break after several secs of pulsing, before pulsing again. For example: The Eltam ES-PI 1000 ignitor, pulsing for 3-5 sec and pauses for a min: https://www.lighting-gallery.net/galler ... os=-200242
I love see run-up and hot restrike of HID lamps, mainly on timed ignitors, and spectra of metal halide lamps.
dor123

Postby dor123 » Mon Sep 09, 2024 2:45 pm

Update: I found at Philips lighting website the SU 42-S superimposed ignitor as well as the SKD 578 and SKD 578-S pulse ignitors, which are all described as digital ignitors. Anyone know if it have timed pulsing or continuous pulsing.

Return to “Discharge Lighting, Lamps & Control Gear”