The LEDisease has finally hit.

Any sort of discussion to do with any lighting whether it be vintage to modern!
Dave

The LEDisease has finally hit.

Postby Dave » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:15 pm

This past week, on my estate, we've gone from no LED lanterns, to six. They're all those crappy TRT Aspect Eco's, but the new miniature sized one, where its just the shoe and nothing else. So my most despised LED lantern out the lot, I now have to find some way of putting up with them. The situation appears to be that when a SOX lamp dies, they're simply replacing the whole lantern now, whether this is due to being unable to source the SOX lamps, I don't know, but is pretty depressing looking out the front upstairs window and seeing 3 of the damn things just staring back at you obnoxiously. This means that a completely untouched SOX installation is now being downgraded one by one, the yellow glow slowly giving out to those things.
There is only 5 lanterns throughout the town that I really have my eyes on now, those being the two outside my house, and three on the estate behind where I live. I plan to make notes up to place inside those columns, and then if I get the call to say they've been saved, this is it for the town lighting, there will be nothing left for me to get locally. Depressing times sadly.
AngryHorse

Re: The LEDisease has finally hit.

Postby AngryHorse » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:11 am

Think of it as more as an evolution Dave, than a disease :roll: , and the changeover sounds quite steady, our whole town went from 100% sodium to 95% LED within a week in December 2016!
However I do offer my condolences over the choice of lantern they have picked!, at least we got decent ones!
Welcome to OBLIVION
AngryHorse

Postby AngryHorse » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:18 pm

Philips and Holophane, there two for you to start with 8-)
Welcome to OBLIVION
Dave

Postby Dave » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:00 pm

3 more lamps are now dead on the estate, with a 4'th in sight from the front window... Time for a cheeky relamp? ;mwa
AngryHorse

Postby AngryHorse » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:23 pm

Sounds like they have had this in the plans for a while then, with lamps dying one after another, this is how ours started, they just stopped re-lamping all our Vectras all of a sudden!
Welcome to OBLIVION
Dave

Postby Dave » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:20 pm

And now a LED has take the spot of a SOX lantern outside my house. I had asked multiple times to save this, even leaving a note inside the door, and they ignored that, so the lantern is now presumed lost. However I have a few contacts I'm chasing up with to try and locate the lantern and bracket for my collection.
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:47 pm

Fingers crossed it turns up!
Bad choices make good stories!

Return to “General Lighting Discussion”