LOL, Arguing with wholesale!

Any sort of discussion to do with any lighting whether it be vintage to modern!
AngryHorse

LOL, Arguing with wholesale!

Postby AngryHorse » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:56 pm

Well I`m getting as bad as Kev!, I had a heated argument with the Electric Center branch manager this morning :mrgreen:
And the subject....?, of course it was LED.
It all started with another call to the board room this morning, for another flashing mod, a large meeting was about to start, so I quickly gave the driver a knock and got it on.

Getting some 4 mill SWA later on in the morning I asked the young lad behind the counter if he stocked any 600 x 600 T8 mods, catching the attention of the manager who could overhear through the open office door.

He quickly came out and started with, "no no no, you need to be fitting LED", to witch I said, "get fucked off, I`m going to rip LED out for fluorescent cause their total shit"!!! :evil:

The look on his face was a classic, then he comes at me with all his `green` bollocks, and how irresponsible it would be to remove LED for old tech!, he soon piped down when I pointed out its now 3 weeks since the driver I ordered, that they STILL haven`t got!, and I said to him, "if it was a dead choke, I have one in my cupboard, and I could have changed it by now, job done"!

Theres time for me to be banned yet! :D
Last edited by AngryHorse on Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to OBLIVION
FrontSideBus

Re: LOL, Arguing with wholesale!

Postby FrontSideBus » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:39 pm

Our work was talking about ripping out all our quad 14wHE mods that light the main production floor for LED but I soon put a stop to that. Once I explained that as they already have electronic high efficiency lighting, any energy saving would be negligible and would never cover the cost and that reliability is an issue they came around. The management have seen my YouTube channel and seem to be under the impression that I know what I'm on about! :) I also got them to swap the 840 for 865 as there is no natural light and it feel so much nicer now on those long 12 hour shifts :)
Kev

Postby Kev » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:49 pm

That really makes my piss boil to see T5 and PL being ripped out for led where the energy saving is minimal or even less than with the existing technology, utter pointless and just idiots being brain washed (by people who know little like at riches Electra centre manager) there is this huge illusion and push out there at the minute where as if it's not led it's not green, what bollocks it's people at the wholesalers driving this utter non sense.
Luckily most of the places I look after I have been able to fight back the led plague!
AngryHorse

Postby AngryHorse » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:17 pm

I may have a word with company owner, Paul Ford, if he wants the board room to remain LED, I would be better fitting downlights in there with GU10s like we`re doing everywhere else.
Your right though, wholsale seem to have an agenda to sell LED above anything else, you even have to ORDER in T5 EM lights now!, as they only stock LED ones!
Welcome to OBLIVION
amtrakuk

Postby amtrakuk » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:47 pm

Very similar to the lighting shop I had to verbally fight to get 2 x 70 watt fluros. Was LED LED LED as though they were on commission. From what I see/understandable dedicated mods/non maintained fittings are a bit rubbish but GU/GLS etc seemed OK - mainly because its easy to replace!

Return to “General Lighting Discussion”