Does anyone here use safety starters?

Any sort of fluorescent Light fittings, lamps, CFLs basically anything that has a fluorescent tube! Any experiments or basically any info or help anyone needs post it here!
Slyspark

Re: Does anyone here use safety starters?

Postby Slyspark » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:14 pm

Suddenly, I seem to have quite a few of those Osram safety starters - on my meet list if anyone wants any....
Bad choices make good stories!
Flurofan96

Re: Does anyone here use safety starters?

Postby Flurofan96 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:05 pm

Now that it is 2024 I have successfully got some more starters (glowbottle) that are non Chinese made. Since 2021 the kitchen fluorescent circline light (now with a new shade/diffuser) and the Tamlite 5ft fluorescent in the utility room both use B&Q branded (Philips Polish manufactured ones) starters that have a lovely neon orange/red glow. The original Tamlite branded starter in the Tamlite fixture that has been in use since 2004 stopped working after 17 years (during the last month of its use it exhibited a brief incandescent like glow!!)

The two 4ft fluorescent light fixtures in the conservatory still work with their original starters :fluor: :fluor:

Now for my collection of starters I'll be sourcing loads from the well known brands that are at least manufactured in European regions and I need to get some more electronic starters (Arlen Pulsestarters)

Return to “Fluorescent Lighting”