Clas Ohlson candle LED filament bulb failure

Anything regarding LED lighting
Slyspark

Re: Clas Ohlson candle LED filament bulb failure

Postby Slyspark » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:30 pm

Ones in my local Wickes all seem to be Sylvania branded now. I got a pack last time I was in there, as looks better if I'm selling branded stuff rather than B&Q own brand to my customers. I'll see how they last.
Bad choices make good stories!
Flurofan96

Postby Flurofan96 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:36 pm

Oh yes Megaman should have not got onto the LED bandwagon as that ruined their reputation for their most reliable eco friendly lamps!!! Their CFLS were the most top notch quality ones!!

Ain't gonna touch/buy no more LED shoeshit, now that especially I've got a PHILIPS SL18 Decor CFL to enjoy!!!!
fluorescent

Postby fluorescent » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:18 am

With LED household lamps, I tend to stick with what I know is good, B+Qs Diall brand are about the best, I have loads of Diall LED in use around our house, some are well over 4 years in constant use, and not one has faulted yet, the only LED fails I’ve had to date is one Megaman and an ETON branded GU10 the other night.
I've got loads of DIall LED lamps too, no failures either & all are at least 3 years old now. When I bought them I noted the GU10s were identical to the Osram branded ones in B&Q (which were about 3x the price at the time). I guess wherever the Osram lamps came from, B&Q sourced their DIall ones from the same factory, or could the Diall lamps actually be Osram??
Country life, vintage lights and a gin & tonic
AngryHorse

Postby AngryHorse » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:11 pm

Cool, even the very first generation of Diall LED that B+Q started to stock were good lamps, my 9watt 3000K one that I bought back in December 2013, is on 24/7 duty on my rather dark landing, still going nice and bright and clocking up the hours! Their a really nice colour too.
Oliver

Postby Oliver » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:45 pm

To be honest, I've seen better lifetime with CFLs than some LED lamps I've seen on shop displays. I remember when CFLs were used and there were never as many failed lamps as I've seen with the LED ones.
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:13 pm

Haha, yes Magaman should have done a little more research into LED technology before they launched their LED range. For a bit, well-known name like them, it really is piss poor quality. For what it is, that Dial stuff is ok. Just a shame most of it comes in 2700K only. Be nice if they also offered a 4000K option.
Bad choices make good stories!
FrontSideBus

Postby FrontSideBus » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:22 pm

Sylvania or Osram LED for me tbh.

Return to “LED Lighting”