4 pin Fluorescent starters

Put anything here that's badly designed/made, failed, catastrophically exploded or just an epic fail in a general sort of way.
Kev

4 pin Fluorescent starters

Postby Kev » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:15 pm

I’m just appealing to anybody here for some 4 pin starters does not matter if working or not as I need to convert them to 2X2’ 40W or better still and the reason this has been posted in hall of shame would be to have the ones that have been stolen from my red pot returned. Stealing my stuff places future meets in jeopardy obviously and is just plain cuntish. Thanks
Slyspark

Re: 4 pin Fluorescent starters

Postby Slyspark » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:27 pm

Not good!
Bad choices make good stories!
Danny
Site Admin

Postby Danny » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:10 pm

Well, theres CCTV in the whole barn and outside, so maybe that will have to be checked after the meets, as you help me loads i will go through my collection and see what i have as i got a good load of Osram philips and Utilair ones from a Mill Urbex last year and a bunch from Gav a few years back
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:40 pm

Point is tho, shouldn't be necessary to have to trawl through CCTV footage after a meet. Anyone who's had to do that before knows it's a right ball-ache to do, time-consuming and boring as hell. We shouldn't be in a position where this ever even became a thing, but there we go I guess....
Danny
Site Admin

Postby Danny » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:16 pm

Yes, you are bang on.
HIDLamp

Postby HIDLamp » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:53 pm

So you very generously allow us to come round to your place and use your electric and facilties free of charge all for our entertainment and this is how people thank you, disgusting behaviour.
Would it be asking too much for them to re-appear at the next meet in a few weeks or even just turn up in the post?
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:05 pm

I'd be pissed if I had the meets at mine and my stuff want missing. Sure-fire way to guarantee no future meets if this is how people behave. Had a few tools vanish at meets in the past - I'd like to hope that people either picked them up by mistake, or they just got left there somewhere and will turn up one day. Wasn't very helpful when you have to work the next day and your first port of call has to be Screwfix or the local wholesalers to pick up tools so you can actually do your job.
Danny
Site Admin

Postby Danny » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:50 pm

Sadly, i fear they will never return. This is one reason why i never have more than 4-5 people at mine. And i know for a fact the regulars that come almost weekly would never steal from me. As nothing has ever gone missing. Infact nothing of mine has gone missing at all and ive had a lot of people here over the years but i always keep a close eye
AngryHorse

Postby AngryHorse » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:39 am

I have one that Paul gave me if it’s any use to you Kev, other than a collection piece I don’t have anything to use it in, I’ll see if I can find it in a bit.
Welcome to OBLIVION
Kev

Postby Kev » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:43 am

Hopfully they will return including the unopened osram that was in the pot. I can live in hope.
What tools did you loose rich as I never came across any left here unless they have fallen down behind the old conveyor?

Return to “Hall of Shame”