I am just letting off some Steam

Put anything here that's badly designed/made, failed, catastrophically exploded or just an epic fail in a general sort of way.
sailormoon_01_uk

I am just letting off some Steam

Postby sailormoon_01_uk » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:35 pm

Within the last few Months, I have nothing but Trouble with E-bay, firstly every lamp or Lantern etc I bid on I have been Outbid, Other Lanterns and Lamps etc. though Buy it Now are way too expensive, even reaching higher prices than what you can buy them for from Electrical Wholesalers. this is thanks to Fake Bidders, Street Lights and Lamps etc. are now selling for £100's even ones in poor state, then there is a issue with a seller who I bought some Lamps from, who Refused to complete the Sale and Refunded me also has sent Insulting and Abusive Messages, Now I have been out bid on a old Sylvania 55w SOX lamp which is rally annoying, To be honest I have been a member of E-bay for 18 years and within the last 8 Months it has been destroyed thanks to Fake and Shill Bidders.

Apart From E-bay, I also feel like I am being waked on by People in Various Groups and Facebook, especially in Lighting-Gallery.net etc. as people I thought I could Trust are letting me down, and are talking about me behind my Back. or have Nothing to say but annoying and Upsetting Comments, Again This has literally pushed me over the edge, and I feel like a doormat.
Alphamike2

Re: I am just letting off some Steam

Postby Alphamike2 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:53 pm

Are you giving up collecting and selling everything?
thorncollector

Postby thorncollector » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:55 pm

sorry to hear you are upset Colin, i do apologize for the message i sent on here. i was drunk and just frustrated at losing some lamps that i cannot replace. anyway don't take it all to heart you are a good collector with lots of nice items to share, i hope you will continue to do so on here. i do agree that lights go for silly prices on ebay some in a terrilble state. i have broadened my interest of ebay as i don't like it now either. i am in touch with various wholesalers about old stock.
sorry it was me who outbid you on the sylvania slp i have only bidded £22 so you are welcome to it i won't bid any higher. hope this helps John
thorncollector

Postby thorncollector » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:05 pm

forgot to say are you happy with the nos gamma 5 i sent you?
AngryHorse

Postby AngryHorse » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:07 pm

Now word has got out how rare SOX is becoming sounds like even the bay is jumping in on the price hike!, it’s surprising how x street lighting stuff has now become so collectible, little wonder council depots refuse most people lanterns/lamps and gear, eBay would be flooded with it! Never used eBay for anything but it’s sounds like a ‘dog eat dog’ situation ;shock
Last edited by AngryHorse on Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to OBLIVION
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:08 pm

Sadly, seems to be the way eBay has gone these days - loads of people seem to outbid you, then the item just gets relisted. Not sure it it's sellers getting their mates to bid the price up, or just time wasters. As for people refusing to send stuff, report them, hopefully if enough people do, eBay will boot them off.

As for Lighting gallery - don't get me started there, there's a reason I'm NOT on that one.
Bad choices make good stories!
thorncollector

Postby thorncollector » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:13 pm

I also feel like I am being waked on by People in Various Groups and Facebook, especially in Lighting-Gallery.net etc. as people I thought I could Trust are letting me down, and are talking about me behind my Back.
QUOTE do you have any evidence to back this or is it paranoia? i am not a member of facebook lighting or i have not been on LG for years so have not seen anything.
Are you ok? you said this has pushed you over the edge, i suggest if this is paranoia that you see your doctor asap. I have been there in the past with paranoia so know what its like so understand - afterall collecting is and i quote an obsessive interest as i have been there but its only a light bulb or a fitting
FrontSideBus

Postby FrontSideBus » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:26 pm

One rule for eBay that you should never ever break. Think of what something is worth to you, bid it and don’t bid a single penny more. If you get outbid then fair enough, shit happens. No point getting worked up about being outbid. And if it is their mates trying to bump the prices up then who cares because you haven’t increased your bid and they haven’t sold their item...

As for the thing about people allegedly talking about you behind your back: fuck them too, it’s not worth getting upset about a bunch of cunts on the internet...
sailormoon_01_uk

Postby sailormoon_01_uk » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:41 pm

yes e-bay is destroyed, with Fake/Shill bidders, example say a Item lists for £10 GBP and is only worth £30 GBP you put £30 GBP max, then two people with NO Feedback then comes and Bids £500, then fail to buy it, so the Item is then relisted, and again the Fake Bidding happens, again and again, with the same Fake Bidders, who are deliberately Putting Items well beyond Peoples means of Payment, other cases you can find say a Thorn BETA-5 Sodium Street Light listed say for restoration or Spares/Repair as the Cover Bowl is damaged, the Ballast is burnt out, listed for say £20, then suddenly as the Auction ends it reaches £500 or more, then it get's relisted. another instance is a Street lantern worth £60 to £80, ending ate £100's then Relisted as a Buy it Now for over £300, To me as I am Constantly getting Outbid on E-bay for the last 8 months I am suspecting it is someone deliberately doing this against me out of spite, especially as the winning Bidder has NO Feedback Score. As for Buy it Now, most of the cases the Sellers don't use this Feature as they well know they can allow Auctions to increase the Prices of Items.

As for Various Groups/Facebook, Every day I post Photos of Street Lighting Out and about in my Area, and then have people then leave Comments like Shit, what a load of Shite etc, then others then putting their two pence comments worth too, I have got to the stage that "Why Should I bother" when people just have nothing but negative comments to say. also I am getting fed up with having to get the negative comments looked at and removed by Facebook.

With this, plus other Personal Things which has happened and recently with people I know where I live letting me down, it has now pushed me over the edge, and recently all I seem to be doing is loosing my temper with everyone and everything.
FrontSideBus

Postby FrontSideBus » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:32 pm

I don't think people are outbidding you on purpose because ebay hides bidders ID and also that could be expensive if they keep winning everything...

I don't bother with any groups on Facebook but just block the people leaving the bad comments... sorted!

Return to “Hall of Shame”