Brexit fiasco!!!

Put anything here that's badly designed/made, failed, catastrophically exploded or just an epic fail in a general sort of way.
AngryHorse

Brexit fiasco!!!

Postby AngryHorse » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:27 pm

Anyone else getting really pissed with this now?, why can’t they just leave Boris alone to get us out with no deal, it’s looking more and more like we’ll be staying in the way it’s going???
Welcome to OBLIVION
Danny
Site Admin

Re: Brexit fiasco!!!

Postby Danny » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:29 pm

I dont care about it all to be honest, facebook is full of postings of this shite and im sick of seeing it. I am going to start removing followers

Let them get on with it, theres nothing we can do now :)
Oliver

Postby Oliver » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:54 pm

That's exactly what I think
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:02 pm

Yes, sick of it. Parties going all out to try and block what we voted for, individuals going to court to try and block what we voted for, both if which trying to say it's anti-democratic. Well, I'll tell you what's anti-democratic, not respecting the result WE FUCKING VOTED FOR.

I've already deleted friends who have posted some really quite nasty stuff on Facebook. Absolutely sick of this now.

We just need to leave. The longer we drag it out, the more companies will close or move elsewhere due to the uncertainty. We must be the laughing stock of the entire world now.
Bad choices make good stories!
fluorescent

Postby fluorescent » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:27 pm

Well it's made me realise our government is totally inept, that's for sure.

Politicians within our elected government who are voting against and blocking everything should be ashamed. We had a referendum, the outcome was to leave the EU, said politicians should should put their own agendas aside and come together to make progress leaving the EU, not bicker like school children.
Country life, vintage lights and a gin & tonic
AngryHorse

Postby AngryHorse » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:33 am

The agenda is to REMAIN in the EU though, that’s what it’s been all along, that’s why they have dragged it out for this long, that’s why their blocking everything at every turn, the end goal is to stay in the EU!
As much as I hate the Liberal Democrat’s, at least Jo Swinson has the balls to admit her mission is to stop brexit!
Welcome to OBLIVION
HIDLamp

Postby HIDLamp » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:12 am

I agree with Angryhorse, surely dragging this process out for this long and keeping the country in economic uncertainty is doing more harm than anything else. At least if they got us out and kept us in we and every business would know where we stand.
At work they keep being ready for a post Brexit recession and have been for 3 years but it keeps not happening, so it's a case of do they keep the cash in case there is a recession and they can keep the company ticking over or do they splash out on new tools and machines to make the present day better.

Frankly I'm getting to the point now where I just want this to over and done with, one way or another, prefferablly following the vote of the people as that is what democracy is.
At this point I can see us going one of two ways, No Deal which in some ways is 'leap of faith' or we remain and have inevetable riots and become the biggest national laughing stock in history.

Yes, Rich I've also been getting very sick of people saying offensive things about Brexiteers and Remainers too, usually to my face by people who don't know my illusive political views.
One of the worst comments I've had came from a Remainer and it was;
"I hope we have a second referendum, because I'm sure the result will be remain as all the poorly educated old people who voted leave will have died off and we'll get more, more intelligent, forward thinking young people voting remain" I have never been so close to smacking anybody ever.

I'm sure you'll agree that, that was unaceptable, sadly though I can't easily remove them from my life so I must do my best to tune them out
AngryHorse

Postby AngryHorse » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:03 am

No deal isn’t an option anymore , they have now made it against the law!!!, if Boris takes us down the no deal road, he could be “prosecuted severely” in court as it was described on BBC news last week!
The only one of two ways it will go now is, stay in the EU, or Mays deal, (staying in the EU)!
Welcome to OBLIVION
HIDLamp

Postby HIDLamp » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:47 am

Wonderful loyalty to the people they serve. Missed out on that one, probablly because I've stopped paying attention to the news
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:34 pm

Thing that really fucks me off about this are the remainiers / Labour / Lib Dems banging on and on about how undemocratic it all is, how the country isn't being respected, how the leave campaign lied, how anyone who wanted to leave is nasty, how the EU is the next best thing since sliced bread, how they can't understand why anyone would want to leave, how we didn't know what we were voting for, how we're all racist and nasty and yet, they just can't see the following:

The most undemocratic thing going on now is not respecting the result of the referendum. When you vote, one side wins the vote, the other side loses. That's how it is and has always been in this country. Until someone comes along with a different system (which presumably we'd have to vote for anyway) that's just the way it is. The moment you refuse to respect the result of that vote, that's the day democracy dies. You can't just accept results when you feel like it or when the result suits you, just the same as you can't expect to keep running the vote again and again until you get the result you want. So, what happens if we do end up with another vote and the result then goes the other way? Do we then get a third vote, as we're tied one-all? Imagine the next general election - a party you don't like wins - is that reason enough to want to vote again? Where would it end? Just a final point here too, we voted to join the Common Market, not the EU. We've never had another vote about giving more and more control to the EU. I wonder how many people would have voted leave had it not evolved into what it has today?

Then of course, we were lied to. At least, that's what we're being told now. Well, here's some news for you - politicians lie - pretty much all of them. These people who we elected to serve us and respect the office into which we voted them lie. You find me a politician who's ever got anywhere by telling the truth and being nice. It's politics, it's a dog eat dog world and if you're nice, everyone else just walks all over you. Some of the biggest lies I've heard through this entire campaign however are from 'Project Fear'. The truth is, we really don't know what's going to happen down the line, no-one can know as no-one has ever done this before. We can make guesses, but that's all they are, guesses. To say this country will fall flat on it's face is utter bullshit. The UK has been around FAR longer then the EU. We've stood on our own before and we can again. Ok, things might be harder to start with, but as time goes by & we strike deals, we'll thrive and prosper. It's surprising how little faith some people have in their own country. I really don't see why anyone wants to take orders from a bunch of EU officials, laws affecting the UK population should be made IN the UK.

As for being racist? BULLSHIT! I have NO objection to people coming to this country from elsewhere in the world. Small problem there tho, at the moment, only people from certain EU countries can come to the UK, plus those who are highly skilled from non-EU countries. So, that's not racist at all right? My aunt is Indonesian, married my uncle years ago whilst he was working there and yet, he couldn't bring her to the UK. It took YEARS of paperwork (and I'm talking every letter they'd ever written to eachother having to be sent off) along with my grandparents sponsoring her and guaranteeing she could live with them, before she was allowed into this country. Yet, had she been an EU citizen, she could have just walked in, no need to be married, have a job or anything else, she could have just walked in and we couldn't have done anything to stop her. That's a fair system is it? Surely a system that treats people the world over under the same rules is a fairer system, no? Problem is, all the time we're members of the EU, we can't adopt such a system. If people have skills and want to bring those to the UK, that's fine by me, I don't care where they came from. If you marry and want to bring your partner to the UK, that's also fine by me. Want to come here to scrounge and claim benefits and get a free home, no, that's not OK.

So, we're nasty are we? Ok, so I'll admit, I've seen a few nasty posts from people who voted to leave and want out of the EU. You have to wonder how surprising that is tho, given we're being denied the very thing we voted for. Wouldn't that piss you off? That said, the nastiest stuff I've seen posted is sadly from the remainers, attacking us with all the points and more in my opening paragraph. Comments such as 'well, maybe enough older people who voted to leave have died, so next time we'll win' I'm afraid, are nothing short of disgusting. The people you are wishing dead there are the very people who fought for this country 80 yrs ago and are the reason you're not now living in the Third Reich, speaking German.

So, what's so great about the EU then? We can't negotiate our own trade deals, control access to our own country, stop grants being given to companies to move manufacturing jobs away from the UK to name but a few. What a great system. Wouldn't you want to live somewhere where we look after our own population, rather than be told by officials in another country what we can and can't do?

Finally, going to court to block any possibility of a no deal Brexit is pathetic. How can you possibly negotiate ANY kind of deal with that option removed from the table? It's a bit like playing poker, but you have to lay all your cards face up on the table, whilst all the other players can hide theirs. You're never going to win that way. The EU know full well that they can offer us the shittiest deal they like, because with no deal removed, it's their shitty deal, or remain. The politicians who did this to us are traitors. Pure and simple. How many of them I wonder are being paid by the EU to do anything to stop us leaving? Can never prove this of course, but you have to wonder just what it is that's made them want to wreck any chance of a better deal than we have. Forcing Boris to ask for ANOTHER delay - well, that's going to provide certainty isn't it. All these companies sat here wondering if they should invest or save are going to just carry on sitting on their hands, wondering if and when we'll leave and under what circumstances. What they need is certainty, not another delay. The biggest thing damaging British business isn't Brexit, it's the delays to Brexit.

I'm totally fucking sick of this, how part of the population think they're better than the others, how they'll do anything to block what we democratically voted for and how nasty and underhand they've become in trying to tie us into the EU forever. if it's that great of a place, why not move there? After all, don't forget, you can just up and go to ANY member state you like there until we leave! Think I sound cross? I'm fucking fuming.....
Bad choices make good stories!

Return to “Hall of Shame”