Some eBay clowns

Put anything here that's badly designed/made, failed, catastrophically exploded or just an epic fail in a general sort of way.
thorncollector

Re: Some eBay clowns and sox in scotland

Postby thorncollector » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:25 pm

sox prices will only go up now, some online companies want around £100 for a lamp. hamilton closed in november as i am sure everyone will know. its only a matter of time till sox is extinct apart from ourselves ofcourse. what amazes me is the amount of sox left here and its not been changed. they are inconsistent with their repairs, they are now sometimes fitting 26w lamps in 36w lanterns other times they change the lantern for led. i don't think they have any 36w lamps nor enough leds to fit as replacements!. inverness has had a lot of leds fitted but nairn for example is largley untouched ie sox everywhere. aberdeen does not have any sox left as far as i know, aberdeenshire is very low as is perth/elgin (moray) but glasgow as of the end of last year had sox everywhere. i visited the glasgow yard in october and the guy said they were keeping the sox going as they did not have a suitable replacement for the 90/135w. i can confirm this due to the amount of alpha 4s/ma's/tamcourt/mi36/mi80s that are still there. i doubt much has changed since then.

Return to “Hall of Shame”