Thing are looking promising!

Any sort of discussion to do with any lighting whether it be vintage to modern!
FrontSideBus

Thing are looking promising!

Postby FrontSideBus » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:25 pm

A year or so ago, I got a letter through my door telling me that they are going to change all of the streetlights in my area to new energy efficient models and naturally I was upset at loosing our old SOX lanterns for some horrible LED monstrosity but thankfully what we got was SON WRTL Airtrace 2's for the main roads and Cosmo Urbis Evolo's for residential ect.

A week ago I noticed more new columns being placed next to some of the remaining SOX and old SON lanterns and seeing the LEDisease infect loads other surrounding boroughs I was fearing for the worse!
Today though I noticed they have been fitted with Cosmo Evolo's! Phwew! Looks like we won't be getting any LED for the time being!
Win!
Kev

Re: Thing are looking promising!

Postby Kev » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:03 pm

Looks like the lighting designer in your area has some sense!
Evolos give a good light!
amtrakuk

Postby amtrakuk » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:44 pm

At least a CC with some sense to keep it discharge, although not SOX, SON is the next big thing. They don't look that bad here in Leeds.
FrontSideBus

Postby FrontSideBus » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:08 am

Actually I was mistaken, I've just seen them lit for the first time. The Evolos that have recently gone up are SON and not CPO! Interesting that as I've only even seen those being used near me in Cosmo.
Kev

Postby Kev » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:27 pm

Wouldn't complain about that! SON always good!
James

Postby James » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:02 pm

Very good to see there are some sensible lighting designers still around! I was delighted recently to see that a long stretch of motorway between Brussels and Mons in Belgium has been re-lighted - with Schreder quad-66W SOX lanterns on each column :-) I was a bit surprised to see that some SOX lanterns are evidently still in production.

Return to “General Lighting Discussion”