Column Doors, Adopting Columns.

Anything at all to do with street lighting! Thats everything from vintage to modern! Their control gear, columns or just anything you need help with! You name it, post it here!
Cobster

Column Doors, Adopting Columns.

Postby Cobster » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:31 pm

Today I was at a local museum that I volunteer at.
They have had the electricians in. This sounds Bad. The sort that 'shove it in and scarper'. Anyway, before I get distracted.
They have taken my advice, and have 'officially' adopted the streetlighting columns along their driveway from the council, they were left unlit from the PFI. The DNO services have been disconnected to the start of the row of four, and instead SWA run underground to them from the main distribution boards. The column bases are a mess, with upto three cables entering them, two SWA now in use, and the DNO cables hacked off.
Imbeciles! there is a 24Hr mechanical timer fitted to control the lot.
70W SON Philips Streetfighters. Strange that, I was surprised to see that we have now been given one of new Fabrikat columns that once had an Iridium on it from the Coventry PFI; there is now a secondhand Streetfighter without a photocell fitted.
Lightweight rant over though. This leaves a motley crew of columns, of which not one now works. First is without a photocell. Third needs relamping. Fourth needs a replacement photocell.

I forgot to mention the second column. It has had a scrape with a vehicle today. The cutout has been destroyed and the door bent a bit. Charming how people try to fix things on your behalf.
Anybody got an idea where I could get a British Steel column door from please? See below:
WP_20160306_003 - Copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kev

Re: Column Doors, Adopting Columns.

Postby Kev » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:42 pm

Guess Davy may be able to advise!!!
Nick217

Postby Nick217 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:03 am

I can assist with the missing photocell and a fresh lamp. And possibly a replacement door.
versalift09

Postby versalift09 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:42 pm

Lol I've got one in the van from an rtc this afternoon! If I take it to the meet can anyone get it to you? What else do you need?
Cobster

Postby Cobster » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:11 pm

Hello Versalift09,
That is brilliant, thanks, and even better as I intend being at Kev's. I have got spares for everything else now thanks to some kind offers of help here, and will be installing them as soon as I can.
See you at the meetup then.

Return to “Street Lighting”