Seller pictures of the smashed 8ft tube

Any sort of discussion to do with any lighting whether it be vintage to modern!
Oliver

Seller pictures of the smashed 8ft tube

Postby Oliver » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:38 pm

This is the pictures that the seller took. This shows the fitting before the tube was smashed. The fitting was mostly fine other than the ends caps were off but they just went back on no bother. The tube is literally in half and will be going straight in the bin. I have some 125w tubes so I'll use them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Oliver

Re: Seller pictures of the smashed 8ft tube

Postby Oliver » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:50 pm

A better picture of the damage. As you can see it’s literally snapped IN HALF. Not too big of a loss but still a shame :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:21 pm

That's a totally crap way to pack a tube to be fair, I don't know how anyone ever expected that to survive. Posting ANY tubes is always a risk especially anything over 4' Even packed in their outer case, most couriers manage to break at least some. Only sure way is to stick single tubes like this in rigid plastic pipe with loads of foam in either end.
Bad choices make good stories!
Oliver

Postby Oliver » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:53 am

I agree. First tube I’ve had smashed in the post too. The 8w tubes are much easer to post and usually survive.
Ash

Postby Ash » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:53 pm

If posting with a fitting, there is the option to gut the fitting, use its spine to transport the tube, and transport the gear separately. However, it must be soild enough to not flex outside of what the tube allows if it gets an impact

Return to “General Lighting Discussion”