Hallam Mill Stockport

Any sort of discussion to do with any lighting whether it be vintage to modern!
LAllenLighting

Re: Hallam Mill Stockport

Postby LAllenLighting » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:18 am

The GLS lamps on fb were from a different seller over in Macclesfield it it's the one I'm thinking of.
Yes, they were from a different seller. On the Facebook post regarding the mill however, there were also several boxes of old GLS lamps.
Danny
Site Admin

Postby Danny » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:40 pm

Been here today. 1000s of tubes left there. Colours 83, 84, 35, 33, 30,32, 29, PW.etc etc ... osram, osram gec, thorn, atlas, sylvania, ge hungary, ge gb, liteguards, wotan, Bc fittings, 38w fittings, gls lamps etc

If you have bot been, i would recommend going ASAP like at your earliest convenience ... i was speaking with Nick and the business owners today about arranging a possible lamp room facebook group etc get together there or at nicks where you could all meet there maybe and Have a good search Through.. we were there 3&1/2 hours and it felt like an hour! If i did not have to go in a rush we would of been there a lot longer! You really need a good few hours to search through!

The first time i went i could not really search the place well as i remember i was absolutely hammering for a piss but honest to god there is 1000s of tubes there and today i / we spent the afternoon going through the whole lot.

I really really would forget the distance and really recommend a journey there for a good rummage before they take them all down to a recycling centre which was mentioned today... as they want to close the business. Try and arrange it with nick and the business owners and get ya asses down / up there and Get what you want, you will NOT be disappointed with what you come out with!
Oliver

Postby Oliver » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:40 pm

Any 8w left there?
fluorescent

Postby fluorescent » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:51 am

Is there many colour 84 4' & 5' T12's?
Country life, vintage lights and a gin & tonic
Danny
Site Admin

Postby Danny » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:55 am

No they appeared to of gone. There was when i went 2 years ago
BC5-80

Postby BC5-80 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:59 pm

Thanks Danny, good to see you, Jon and Liam yesterday.
The 8W boxes must be pretty much gone by now.
There are no T12 Triphosphors.
What sticks in my mind as being plenty left are used and very ripe Philips 30W T8 Col 32s, used Thorn 4' 40W Plus Whites, NOS atlas 4' 40W warm whites (all lower case characters, conventional horizontal print). There are also a few used Thorn 65/80W Plus Whites left.

Return to “General Lighting Discussion”