Who made the best?

Any sort of fluorescent Light fittings, lamps, CFLs basically anything that has a fluorescent tube! Any experiments or basically any info or help anyone needs post it here!

Who made the best fluros?

Atlas
9%
Thorn
12%
The General Electric Company of England
9%
General Electric
9%
Osram
12%
Sylvania
No votes
Narva
3%
Philips
41%
Crompton
3%
Other (please specify)
3%

Total votes: 34
Funkybulb

Re: Who made the best?

Postby Funkybulb » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:19 am

Out of all modern T12. Philips T12 and T8 is decent in most cases. It the Alto 2 here that
Is very crap. They start up dim and shimmer to life. Also every one said there 8 foot Is crap, well I have 8 foot HO 110 watts it would easly do 3 or 4 years in 24/7 use. I had relamp a 8 foot sign job. Out of same batch of lamp i took one home and ran it on my pop pack 24/7. The one from sign job went dim and pink while same tube ran 2 years until i had to move.would give philip my second vote. I still got some philips alto 34 watts running Under moms house that still going since day installed them. Thoze 34 watt Alto lamps are ok In southern parts of the US where it warm.
So Philips alto in modern terms is best i can get
As those Sylvania T12 cotton swabs and GE does that too, sadly Philip in the US got 6 month
Of production left. So that leaves us GE circivile
Fluorescent lately they been making 2 and 4 footers with Tungsram T12 endcaps in the USA
So Sylvania along with rest of China shite imports
I will be getting philips lamps from poland , India.
Ash

Re: Who made the best?

Postby Ash » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:21 pm

We have been getting the Philips F96T12 110W Altos for nearly 20 years now, and they last for years. In fact most of the times when they are seen dim and shimmering this is caused by a bad capacitor in the ballast, the tube is fine

Return to “Fluorescent Lighting”