Stores lighting??

Any sort of discussion to do with any lighting whether it be vintage to modern!
Kev

Re: Stores lighting??

Postby Kev » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:18 pm

What fittings have you gone for rich?
AngryHorse

Postby AngryHorse » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:24 pm

Not got them yet, but E-Centre usually have Thorn PPs, I don`t know if they stock SS yet either, but If they only have HF in, I have boxes of 4 foot chokes to re-fit dead ones with!
Me and Ken have been on this all week, we found some horrors to the electrical system that the old maintenance guy fitted!

The whole stores had been tapped off one ring circuit!, EVERYTHING!, lights sockets and the old door bell system.
He had split the ring into about 5 sections in a mix of steel and plastic conduit!, we found 5 twin gang sockets spured off a spur off another spur under Heidi`s desk! :o , and fucking FCU`s everywhere with more spurs off these!

This along with 4 light switches, 2 dead, and 2 either side of the room with 4mm singles crammed into them running a 6 foot twin, and 3 x 5 foot singles!
the 6 foot twin had 3 other `joints` inside it, as well as it`s original block, all running OVER both chokes!

We have now dropped 2 feeds down the outer wall off the proper lighting circuit trunking, for the new lights, and when we find where the ring comes into the stores, we`re going to re-do it from scratch to its original installed spec just as a proper ring circuit.
Heidi wants some of those sockets with the USB ports putting in under her desk too, and we`re putting 3 radiators in, rather than what they have been using in winter, 2.5KW blow heaters!, (on all those dodgy spurs too!, its amazing they haven`t had a fire in there)!
Welcome to OBLIVION
Kev

Postby Kev » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:24 pm

I'd of rewired that rich or at least removed all the shit and gone back to the original ring. Be careful of the USB sockets had them tripping off the RCDs before
AngryHorse

Postby AngryHorse » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:49 pm

Interesting advice :) , I`ve never used them before, not even at home!
The ring circuit for the stores isn`t on an RCD, but it will have to go on an RCBO at least for the regs, as it comes out of a 3 phase board.
Welcome to OBLIVION

Return to “General Lighting Discussion”