Guess how much the ending bid will be?!

Put anything here that's badly designed/made, failed, catastrophically exploded or just an epic fail in a general sort of way.
fluorescent

Re: Guess how much the ending bid will be?!

Postby fluorescent » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:00 pm

I'd say they are worth about £50
They do sell for strong money when tidied up. I would have happily paid around £70 for this lot if they'd been closer and I actually wanted them. You would REALLY struggle to buy a lot like this for £50 or £70 anywhere else unless you got very lucky at a car boot sale (or similar) where the seller didn't know what they had
Country life, vintage lights and a gin & tonic
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:28 pm

A good guess wasn't it....

Seriously tho, you do all know you can edit your previous posts on here, right? Wasn't that much of a lucky guess after all! ;rfl
Bad choices make good stories!
Oliver

Postby Oliver » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:16 am

I'd say they are worth about £50
They do sell for strong money when tidied up. I would have happily paid around £70 for this lot if they'd been closer and I actually wanted them. You would REALLY struggle to buy a lot like this for £50 or £70 anywhere else unless you got very lucky at a car boot sale (or similar) where the seller didn't know what they had
When I got my SP6, I got it quite cheap. It was literally as it was when it was removed. I prefer them like that - no crappy paint job, polishing, braided cable, etc. I prefer to pay less and get them in original condition. Can't stand it when sellers mess around putting on braided cable, inline switches, plugs, paint, etc then try and charge £50 for one fitting.

Return to “Hall of Shame”