Righi Licht (Incandescent lighing factory)

Any sort of discussion to do with any lighting whether it be vintage to modern!
Ash

Righi Licht (Incandescent lighing factory)

Postby Ash » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:20 pm

Spotted this post by Michael in Lighting Gallery : https://www.lighting-gallery.net/index. ... g86398#new

Back in May 2019 i visited this factory (when they informed that they are going to close) in order to try to buy out the machinery. (make the deal to buy it when they stop using it)

They appeared to proceed and let me check out the machines, put a price tag on the lot etc. For the record, the price tag was on the order of 2000 Euros for a complete set of machines that can make GLS lamps of different types

Then the father of the current factory owner (its a family business) intervented, said that there is no way this kid is going to run it, and it will all go to scrap..

I got those news on day 3 out of a 5 day trip to Switzerland specifically to this factory. In the remaining 2 days with still fresh memory of some detail of how the machines worked, i started drafting, on the laptop i had with me, general blueprints for new design of lamp making machines, that will be built using modern technology instead. (stepper motors, PLC controlled) - in contrast to the 1950s-ish Philips machines of Righi Licht

Here we are now, with the pictures of the very same halls and machines that i seen and touched 1.5 years ago as they were still running and putting out lamps

Return to “General Lighting Discussion”