The LED truth?, even the fitting contractors are shocked!

Any sort of discussion to do with any lighting whether it be vintage to modern!
AngryHorse

The LED truth?, even the fitting contractors are shocked!

Postby AngryHorse » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:21 pm

A while ago you`ll remember I counted 8 dead LED fittings in our workshops, as their all still under warranty from LENA lighting in Poland, I wasn`t permitted to change them back to fluorescent!

Well, today the fitting contractor came to replace them, (now gone from 8 to 12)!!, the contractor, a nice bloke called Mark, came from Bristol with his son to do the work, (I had to ask him if he knew Kev, as he had a Cornish accent) :roll: , and did indeed sound just like Kev! :D

Anyhow, his first observation was the shocking colour shift, (his own words), to what he put in just 16 months ago!, he had to go round taking about 25 photos to take back to LENA to show them their,....er..... product quality!!

When they had fitted the first 3, and lit them, they were a blinding warm white colour and looked boss, he told me, "that is what colour and brightness they ALL were when we put them in, I can`t believe how bad they have gone for just over a year"!, "they remind me of EOL purple halide lamps"!, (again his own words).

He also changed the dead LED lantern on the yard, (now on my bench), with a problem I will add to the gallery shortly!
As he left, we shook hands and he thanked me for use of our scissor lift, and he said he will go back to LENA to show them how bad their fittings are! :mrgreen: result!
Last edited by AngryHorse on Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to OBLIVION
FrontSideBus

Re: The LED truth?, even the fitting contractors are shocked!

Postby FrontSideBus » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:29 pm

I'm sure with time the technology will mature but at the moment it's complete pants! Loads of manufacturers jumping on the bangwaggon and churning out shite for the masses to lap up.
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:28 am

A few more years R&D at least before most of these manufacturers can produce anything even half reliable thats actually an equivalent light output to what it's replacing. I'm sure it'll get there, but at the moment it's FAR from ready!
Bad choices make good stories!
amtrakuk

Postby amtrakuk » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:03 pm

I'm sure with time the technology will mature but at the moment it's complete pants! Loads of manufacturers jumping on the bangwaggon and churning out shite for the masses to lap up.
I'm agreeing with you there, but it should be matured by now.. Its about 5 years since they started appearing in our shops. The only major leap forward is the yellow strip filament type lamps with the 4 component PSU in the cap base. As I have just found out China is still making and shipping strobing filament shit. If they are still manufacturing it, I reckon it will be 2-3 years for them tow work though the world market.

Return to “General Lighting Discussion”