Dear Ebay...

Any sort of discussion to do with any lighting whether it be vintage to modern!
PeterG

Dear Ebay...

Postby PeterG » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:12 pm

Dear Ebay,
I am but a humble ebay user but I felt it might be helpful to write some new guidance that might help some sellers when attempting to list their items for sale. I hope it helps.

1) The word 'vintage' in an ad doesn't mean the price of old shyte triples - if it did I wouldn't need another skip to get rid of my old flat pack furniture.
2) Neon beehive bulbs aren't worth upwards of a hundred quid. Yes they're pretty but so are the Kardashian's - and a even fifty for one of them is a bit steep.
3) Old flood lights aren't worth over a grand - they came from 1980 ...and let me remind you - so did Wham.
4) GLS bulbs aren't worth upwards of forty quid - its a GLS bulb - I suggest the seller holds on to it for a hundred or so years until inflation catches up.
5) Adding the word 'rare' doesn't mean all others magically disappear - if that was the case I would've placed it before the words 'Guardian newspaper' long ago.
6) There is a difference between pricing based on actual market value (what something actually sells for) and pricing it based on over priced shyte that has been listed for months now because the only people who'd be mental enough to buy it are intoxicated lottery winners or the cat getting lucky while sat on the keyboard.

Cheers Ebay.
Slyspark

Re: Dear Ebay...

Postby Slyspark » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:16 pm

Hahaha, very good. It would be funny, were it not for the fact it's sadly a very true reflection of the way things seem to have gone on there recently!
Bad choices make good stories!
PeterG

Re: Dear Ebay...

Postby PeterG » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:19 pm

Hahaha, very good. It would be funny, were it not for the fact it's sadly a very true reflection of the way things seem to have gone on there recently!
That's it mate. They say there's comedy in reality. That is what I'm seeing on there now. Incredible really!

Return to “General Lighting Discussion”