SES Candle replacements

Any sort of discussion to do with any lighting whether it be vintage to modern!
Kev

SES Candle replacements

Postby Kev » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:53 pm

Well as we have pretty much concluded the only area where LED IS an upgrade (at the minute) is to replace GLS and Halogen. However at a friends coffee shop she has quite a lot of chandelier type lights which she think (looks lovely) personally I think they are shit but hay ho! As she won't let me replace them with the decent ansorg down lighters I saved from the VW garage I need to find a decent BRIGHT SES LED lamp to replace the candles that keep blowing cost her a fortune to run and are getting pretty expensive I tried some 15W led candle lamps but they all went EOLED lol litterly lasted as long as the GLS/halogen candles
I'm not that clued up on domestic lamps as she needs about 25 of these they need to be reliable / affordable oh and brighter than a glow worm as most SES candle LEDs are comparable too!
AngryHorse

Re: SES Candle replacements

Postby AngryHorse » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:08 pm

Asda have the LED filament candles at SES, or trial a few, my TCP 5watt candles have been under the kitchen units a year now, @ 2000 hours, and none have gone out yet, or gone dim.
Don`t go for the Philips ones though, their not that bright for 4 watts, the 5watt TCP are much brighter.
Welcome to OBLIVION
Kev

Postby Kev » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:24 am

Where do you get them from rich? Looked on eBay and they were still a good £7 each but really how much light are you going to get from a 5W LED nowhere near 60W equilivant
AngryHorse

Postby AngryHorse » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:52 pm

60watt candle GLS is 645 lumens, the TCPs are just over half that @ 330 lumens, however, they tend to put most of their light directly upwards.
It sounds like filament LED are the way forward, and although you won`t get a direct mach for 60watt, lumens don`t matter with LED filament lamps, if ALL are changed at once, you will only notice the slight drop in light for as few days.
Other than that, it will have to be halogen again, but almost all halogen candles lamps are shite, the China ones don`t do more than a few weeks.

TCPs are about £6 each at Homebase.
Welcome to OBLIVION
amtrakuk

Postby amtrakuk » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:06 am

I'd look out for Integral - though I'm not sure they do candle lamps. The 4.5 watt GLS offers 140 l/watt.

http://www.integral-led.com/products/la ... beam-angle 125 l/watt (2 watt/25 watt equiv)

Return to “General Lighting Discussion”