Slashed junction boxes

Put anything here that's badly designed/made, failed, catastrophically exploded or just an epic fail in a general sort of way.
Oliver

Slashed junction boxes

Postby Oliver » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:24 pm

Random, but whenever I get these junction boxes from Screwfix they always have a cut mark on them. Luckily this one wasn’t too bad but I had one once where the cut went into the seal! I think someone unwrapping them is slashing them with a Stanley knife or something.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HIDLamp

Re: Slashed junction boxes

Postby HIDLamp » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:11 pm

I'd agree, looks like they're being unpacked by a chav rushing for they're next fag & instagram break.
fluorescent

Postby fluorescent » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:20 pm

The massive great labels stuck right on the lids of these (right where it will be seen of course) deserves to be in the hall of shame by itself. They never come off cleanly & need the sticky crap removing with isopropyl alcohol or similar.
Country life, vintage lights and a gin & tonic
Oliver

Postby Oliver » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:18 pm

I just leave them on. The weather eventually wears them away and they fall off. But yeah, they are hard to remove and can look bad if they are right in view somewhere.
FrontSideBus

Postby FrontSideBus » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:05 pm

I'm really not a fan of these anyway with the rubber bungs. Rather use fully sealed ones with proper knock outs and glands.
You tend to see this style being use for all the lash-ups too lol.
Oliver

Postby Oliver » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:52 pm

I've never had an issue with these. All you do it poke a tiny hole in and push the wire through and it grips around the wire really tight.

Return to “Hall of Shame”