Help identifying old choke - UPDATED WITH MORE INFO!

Any sort of discussion to do with any lighting whether it be vintage to modern!
PeterG

Help identifying old choke - UPDATED WITH MORE INFO!

Postby PeterG » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:44 pm

Hello there, wondering if anyone has an old catalogue with wiring diagram in it, or the same old choke as per the following pictures to help me get this thing up and running. Most of the label is gone - including the wiring/tapping diagram which renders the choke useless at present.

UPDATE: Upon very careful study with a magnifying glass and a lot of care, What I can make out on the label is the following (with the 'x' representing a missing letter or number):

TRANSFORMER
TYPE XX G 100 X

FOR 85, 60, 45W

220 / 2X0 VOLTS 50 CYCLES

SODIUM VAPOUR LAMPS

wiring diagram completely scratched away

MADE IN ENGLAND
AEI
MELTON ROAD
LEICESTER ENGLAND

SK 4560.2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AngryHorse

Re: Help identifying old choke - UPDATED WITH MORE INFO!

Postby AngryHorse » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:11 am

Nearest I can find is the MCG 109, it’s 220/250 volt, and for 45,60,85 watt SOIs, the wiring diagram is somewhat confusing though as it shows an 8 terminal transformer!, but this shows….
L = 2 or 3
PFC = 1 and 6
N = 4 or 5
Lamp = 7 and 8
Welcome to OBLIVION
PeterG

Re: Help identifying old choke - UPDATED WITH MORE INFO!

Postby PeterG » Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:38 am

Thanks for this - I'll try it out at some point on a heavily used modern SOX and see if it works or goes bang. I've got a picture now from an old AEI catalogue which also shows a different wiring diagram, so I'll compile a small list and then try out all the combos until I find something that works. I really appreciate your time in replying - patience is the key with the research but I'll get there in the end!. I kind of enjoy unravelling mysteries like this!

Return to “General Lighting Discussion”