Doesn't it just piss you off when....

Any sort of discussion to do with any lighting whether it be vintage to modern!
Kev

Doesn't it just piss you off when....

Postby Kev » Sat May 14, 2016 5:34 pm

It seems almost daily that lights you have known of driven past or worked on for years all of a sudden vanish for some poxy piece of shit LED. Saying to Davy the other day at the local council offices they have a load of new shape thorn piazzas as well as a few Starlux, the other day I went past and about 6 of them in different areas have gone missing and are replaced with shit led flood lights!
Also a local car dealers has had the GRP SONPAKs replaced for twin chip LED flood lights. Bet none of the above needed to be replaced and probably just needed new lamps! I mean FFS!!!!!
versalift09

Re: Doesn't it just piss you off when....

Postby versalift09 » Sat May 14, 2016 8:34 pm

Every day mate I spot various retarded replacement jobs here and there. Including Thorn Precincts on a pub - led spots. 2d fittings - led "lamps". Nearly new Cosmo Philips Koffer lanterns at local Lidls - led lanterns replacement. Spot replacement of 400w son floods with led floods at 12m! Corn lamps in place of hpi lamps in a garage forecourt. Led "bulbs" in place of son in GRP area floods on a garage. 20w cheapass corn lamps in place of 70w son in Victoria lanterns. And those horrendous blue led retrofit tubes wedged into any fluorescent fitting available :x
amtrakuk

Postby amtrakuk » Sat May 14, 2016 10:10 pm

Yeah As I keep ratting on about the tunnels in Leeds have been "upgraded" to about 200 fittings of LED shit under 6 months ago. So far 6 have gone to panic mode (blinking) now they are dead. Despite reporting sweet FA has been done and prob wont. Just wondering how long the left will last and the tipping point were someone says the lighting is not up to standard - It don’t matter people will just have to drive though the tunnels with head lights on = Fucking waste of TAX payers money - Thanks HA <MWAH>. Lets see what other totally incompetence shit you can come up with next time.

I'm sure if the money was coming out of your wages it would be a different story
FrontSideBus

Postby FrontSideBus » Sun May 15, 2016 12:16 pm

Oh yes! Especially when they "upgrade" is noticeable worse!
AngryHorse

Postby AngryHorse » Sun May 15, 2016 8:35 pm

Well Friday mornings, first thing visit, to the Electric Center, I walked in and there was NO lights on in the shop.
I found Jordan up a ladder fitting what looked like a small metal `box` with aG24q 4 pin base, into the display lights "these are our LED retrofit for 18watt PLC lamps", he proudly announced!

About 4 hours later I went back, (for more earth clamps), and all the PLC were put back in?
"What happend then?", I asked, "They were shit, 6 didn`t work, and I got a shock of one"!!, he told me, "So I gave it up as a bad joke"! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Excellent start!
Welcome to OBLIVION
eclipsislamps
Site Admin

Postby eclipsislamps » Sun May 15, 2016 8:53 pm

Ive seen some old atlas format fittings suddenly get swapped for crappy weatherpacks recently. Ugh I wanted those old fitting.
Danny
Site Admin

Postby Danny » Sun May 15, 2016 10:23 pm

Yeh especially in place of good serviceable of sox and son for LED!
Patrick

Postby Patrick » Sun May 15, 2016 11:03 pm

Agree with all of the above and whats more annoying is very recent fittings being skipped for LED already. There's a 2011 Aldi near me closing tomorrow for 2 weeks 'refurbishment', basically their 2011 T5 HF just run in will probably be ripped out for LED :x Same happened with an Iceland opened in December 2014 with 4x36W HF mods and their now gone for LED panels :roll:
eclipsislamps
Site Admin

Postby eclipsislamps » Mon May 16, 2016 9:24 pm

Oh yes, there was a building put up near here last year full of retail units. It was fitted with t5 lamps, now just a few months later they are replacing them for LED. Not only that but these leds look like the rock bottom of quality. Its like someone stuffed some led christmas lights in a weatherpack.
Kev

Postby Kev » Mon May 16, 2016 11:26 pm

Probably not far off what they are Jonathan lol. Seems trendy these days to just fit poxy led everywhere and whatever you replace no matter what it is T5 or anything as long as you fit led it's an upgrade!!!!

Return to “General Lighting Discussion”