Netaline Fitting

Any sort of fluorescent Light fittings, lamps, CFLs basically anything that has a fluorescent tube! Any experiments or basically any info or help anyone needs post it here!
Slyspark

Netaline Fitting

Postby Slyspark » Mon May 23, 2016 12:02 am

Just won myself a Netaline fitting from eBay. The question, remove the resistor wire ballast (and more importantly the asbestos it's housed in) or leave it as is?

Thoughts?
Bad choices make good stories!
Danny
Site Admin

Re: Netaline Fitting

Postby Danny » Mon May 23, 2016 9:29 am

I'd say your probably best to leave it as it is so then your not disturbing the asbestos. I used to have a netaline but got rid in the end. Can't remember who got it now
FrontSideBus

Postby FrontSideBus » Mon May 23, 2016 12:55 pm

Personally id not be happy and remove it all outside with a mask on ect and then shoehorn a HF ballast into the end or something.
Nick217

Postby Nick217 » Tue May 24, 2016 7:45 am

for originality leave it in. For everyday use replace.. It's down to personal taste.
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Tue May 24, 2016 5:57 pm

Might see how much room there is in the show end and then consider my options. I'd quite like to put it into service and as it looks a little shabby, I'd like to refurbish it first, hence my thinking that I might remove the asbestos and see if I can fit something more modern in it. I'd ideally like it switch-start as not a fan of HF, but guess it depends how much room there actually is. Not picked it up yet, so unsure....
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:20 am

Ok, so, current thinking on this is to re-gear it switch-start. It works, but gets bloody hot and my office is warm enough as it is, without this thing acting like a massive heater on the ceiling. Not an HF fan, so going to see if I can find a small enough switch-start ballast to fit it. Full restore for this!

Return to “Fluorescent Lighting”