Are TrueForce SOX retrofits any good?

Any sort of discussion to do with any lighting whether it be vintage to modern!
HIDLad001

Are TrueForce SOX retrofits any good?

Postby HIDLad001 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:58 pm

Has anybody had any experiences with the Philips TrueForce SOX retrofits? Would they be any good to put in my SOX fixtures so I don't have to burn SOX lamps that are getting rarer by the day. Obviously I would keep the original gear still inside the fixture, just bypassed.
I am based in the USA, but I come here to look at and talk about British and European lamps.

Check me out on Gallery Of Lights and Lighting-Gallery!

(123VAC 60Hz NTSC 480i 59.94)
Mrstreetlight

Re: Are TrueForce SOX retrofits any good?

Postby Mrstreetlight » Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:19 pm

I have one and it is pretyy good. Not yet tried in a lantern to see how it is.
sailormoon_01_uk

Postby sailormoon_01_uk » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:43 pm

Sadly you need a LED Driver for the Philips Trueforce LED-SOX Lamp, see photo attached, which means replacing the existing gear and replaceing it with the LED Driver, if you want to keep the Gear inplace and simply disconnect the ignitor or in the case of the Leak Transformer/Z1616 Ballast and use a SOX-LED lamp, best getting the Magnatek or Venture RE-SOX LED Lamp as these can be simply connected directly to the mains, or simply disconnect the gear and use a Terminal Blocj to connect the mains and lampholder cables together, then if you want to go back to SOX you simply reconnect the ballast. of in case of the Ballast/Ignitor Circiut recconect the ignitor across the lamp.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HIDLad001

Postby HIDLad001 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:17 pm

Sadly you need a LED Driver for the Philips Trueforce LED-SOX Lamp
Well that's unfortunate! They look very good and it would have been nice to use one. The fact that I couldn't directly connect it to 120VAC is a deal breaker for me.
I am based in the USA, but I come here to look at and talk about British and European lamps.

Check me out on Gallery Of Lights and Lighting-Gallery!

(123VAC 60Hz NTSC 480i 59.94)

Return to “General Lighting Discussion”