I got called an Idiot today

Put anything here that's badly designed/made, failed, catastrophically exploded or just an epic fail in a general sort of way.
Danny
Site Admin

I got called an Idiot today

Postby Danny » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:18 pm

I know i can be an idiot sometimes, but i went on a Fluorescent tube crawl today looking for Osram 58W/840 T8s… CEF listed them on their site so i went down and they only had fusion which i refused. They looked at me as if i had come off the last banana boat.

I then went to YESSS Electrical where i asked if they stocked Osram, he was like no we stock Signify (philips) but then went on to say ‘what do you want them for, you wont get them soon, You want LED, i said ‘no i don't want LED, I want Fluorescent i was about to say that i will have 4 Philips in 840 and he said “your an idiot for not going LED” so i said, well its my choice, and walked out! Lol unbelievable.
Kev

Re: I got called an Idiot today

Postby Kev » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:07 pm

The wholesalers have been complete tossers for the last 10 years! They really don’t want to know unless you’re buying 100 click branded double sockets for a new housing estate
AngryHorse

Postby AngryHorse » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:30 pm

Or shoving Ansell down your throat until they admit Lumineux are better!, depending on who their supporting at the time! ;shock
Welcome to OBLIVION
Kev

Postby Kev » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:23 am

I don’t know what this obsession with Ansell is all of a sudden, it’s cheap crap I really hate seeing it!
AngryHorse

Postby AngryHorse » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:50 am

Their constantly changing the name of their products too, there was the Tornado, then it was changed to the Tornado Pro, then they dropped that for the Evo, and now it’s something else I believe, but their all crap, the ones I’ve replaced at work are only a couple of years old and their changing colour slowly as the phosphor comes off the diodes, and one of them just a year old is dead completely!
Yet the Saxby’s I fitted 8 years ago are all still going strong!
Welcome to OBLIVION
Kev

Postby Kev » Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:11 pm

That’s the shit thing with Led’s you never know what your getting
Liam

Postby Liam » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:23 am

You should stick with our Supplier we go to Dan you know they stock everything even Thorn T12 and GB GE 8-) :fluor:
Kev

Postby Kev » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:47 pm

Before the Communist dictator ban, I am going to have to buy a big stock of tubes I wonder how much your supplier chance I’m out for Dan/Liam

Return to “Hall of Shame”