How does everyone feel about T5 and HF now?

Any sort of fluorescent Light fittings, lamps, CFLs basically anything that has a fluorescent tube! Any experiments or basically any info or help anyone needs post it here!
Flurofan96

Re: How does everyone feel about T5 and HF now?

Postby Flurofan96 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:09 am

Now I ought to get these Philips Matchbox electronic ballasts as spares for the 28W 2D fixture in the downstairs loo which is almost 10 years since it been in use (Aug 2015) however I may change my mind and put a classic 2D fixture (magnetic ballasted) or a linear 4ft fluorescent fixture

I'd be interested in getting some of these HF Performer ballasts from Philips
FrontSideBus

Postby FrontSideBus » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:16 pm

I actually thought the HE and HO variants was quite good as you could choose which output you wanted for a given length.
Beta 5

Postby Beta 5 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:10 pm

I also quite like the ability to swap between HE/HO but it is irritating when it's done by accident incorrectly on a HE or HO only ballast and I guess that doesn't do the ballast or lamp much good.
I like the HE for concealed lighting being cool running and efficient and their good performance in hot running enclosed fittings, while some of the HO lamps are quite impressively bright.

I do like that with T8 HF fittings you can always convert to magnetic if it proves unreliable though.

Return to “Fluorescent Lighting”