So, what replaced this then?

Put anything here that's badly designed/made, failed, catastrophically exploded or just an epic fail in a general sort of way.
Slyspark

So, what replaced this then?

Postby Slyspark » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:08 am

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Holophane-Syr ... SwYIxX47BL

So, judging by the box this Holophane lantern is sat in, what pile of shit do we think might have replaced it? I like to think that the letters NVC stand for 'Now Very Chinese' as the few things I've had of theirs in the past have proved to be the biggest load of crap I've ever seen. So much so in fact that my company has a policy of rejecting anything the wholesalers try to supply that bears those letters. I've yet to see anything of theirs last even a year.
Whatever, whoever replaced this has clearly fucked themselves, or their customer over if they replaced it with whatever was in that box!
Bad choices make good stories!
HIDLamp

Re: So, what replaced this then?

Postby HIDLamp » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:17 am

My first HID lamp was an NVC Arizona 250W HPS flood. The gear was flooded and knackered ans well as water damage to the reflector. Oh and the gear cover was damaged. Gave it a slap of paint, polished the reflector and shoved a 250W self-ballasted MBF in it. Now I occasionally strap it to the flag pole and use it to light the car park at the village hall when there are winter events on. Oh yeah I've had it since 2014 and it's dated 2009.
Danny
Site Admin

Postby Danny » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:27 am

Wouldnt worry too much, a shit ugly lantern replaced by more shit. Just look at the state of the thing inside, eurghh wouldnt pay £5 for that never mind £65 lol. Holophanes stuff is ugly
Kev

Postby Kev » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:43 pm

NVC fucking shit!!!
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:54 pm

Oh yes, very!
Bad choices make good stories!

Return to “Hall of Shame”