Joiners!, LOL!!

Any sort of discussion to do with any lighting whether it be vintage to modern!
AngryHorse

Joiners!, LOL!!

Postby AngryHorse » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:30 pm

So I goes into the Electric Centre this afternoon, it was quite full than the usual couple of people, the line at the counter went,...
An pair of old dears just buying a coach lantern, at the front, a joiner buying some LED lamps to the left, and me stood at the back, the conversation went.......
Old dears, "We just need a light for our back door", Paul on the counter, "This one should do, it s just a basic PIR coach lantern, but it doesnt come with a bulb!, would you like a halogen or an LED?", old dears, "Oh, we`re not sure, it won`t be on for that long, just when we go into the back yard at night, what do you recommend"?

Joiner butts in, "Oh you have to go with LED!, I swear by them, you need a small LED flood, a 10 watt is more than ample", (pointing at one of the shittyest cheapest Chinese `flashers` on the wall)......

Me, starts to grin, looking at the joiner with those WTF eyes! ;fool , "You will get 100,000 hours out of that, I wouldn`t use anything else", he continue`s!

Old dears, (start to laugh), "Oh dear we`ll both be dead before that"!!!, Paul behind the counter, "Do you want a job here mate"?, (sarcastically), I loved that bit! ;clap

The old dears took the coach lantern, (with a halogen), and asked the Joiner, could you fit this for us by any chance?, "sorry mate, I`m a joiner not a spark"!.........at least he was honest about something! ;rfl
Welcome to OBLIVION
Andy

Re: Joiners!, LOL!!

Postby Andy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:50 pm

Glad to know they ended up with the coach lantern and a proper lamp for it instead of a shite 10w LED flood that will last 2 months!

Return to “General Lighting Discussion”