Atlantics Galore!

Any sort of fluorescent Light fittings, lamps, CFLs basically anything that has a fluorescent tube! Any experiments or basically any info or help anyone needs post it here!
Slyspark

Atlantics Galore!

Postby Slyspark » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:10 pm

Just been to the new hand car wash (indoors) in what used to be the local ambulance service maintenance garage. drove in and half the place is lit with twin Atlantics, either 5 or 6 foot in length (quite high up, so not sure exactly). Well, I say lit, not one of them works. Some here and there have been spot replaced and the spot replacement fittings are all working fine, but not one of these twin Atlantics does. Might be something to do with the fact they're all sporting T8 tubes, glowing brightly at the ends. At the back, there's even a row of 3-lamp versions, all with metal trough reflectors.

Building is up for demolition soon, so doubt these will ever get repaired. I'm going to try and see if I can get hold of any, either from the guys doing the carwash (unlikely) or from the demolition crew as an when it comes down. I'd have to take a tower in there as these are rather high up. A p[air of these would light my new workshop nicely and I'd love to get hold of the 3-lamp fittings - don't see many of those! Just hope the gear doesn't fry itself before then. We'll see.....
Bad choices make good stories!
Danny
Site Admin

Re: Atlantics Galore!

Postby Danny » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:07 pm

Oooo would not mind a twin 5 foot! If possible?
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:10 pm

Don't get too excited, I have no idea yet if or when I might actually be able to save any of these. Council keep refusing the planning applications for this place as the owners want to remove one of the last work areas and cover it with more fucking houses. Keeps being thrown out and everyone now on the site is on a short lease. Keeping my fingers crossed I can get hold of some however!
Kev

Postby Kev » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:13 pm

Bloody hell the 3 lamp versions are rare as fuck!
Andy

Postby Andy » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:18 pm

As Kev says the 3 lamp versions are very rare.
I am only aware of one collector in possession of a 3 lamp fluorescent fitting. If were in the position to rescue these then that would be simply incredible! :D
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:42 pm

Yes, has to be said, these are the only ones I've ever seen anywhere. I remember years ago before they refurbished one of the units next door that they had rows of the 3 lamp versions, end to end that you could see through the windows at the end. Those are long gone, but 2 still exist in this unit. Fingers crossed.....

Return to “Fluorescent Lighting”