Powercell batteries

Put anything here that's badly designed/made, failed, catastrophically exploded or just an epic fail in a general sort of way.
RobTDCI

Powercell batteries

Postby RobTDCI » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:22 pm

These batteries really are a load of $hit! I only bought them for low load applications such as clocks, remote controls and backup memory. Two clocks and they lasted 3 days, a TV remote just over a week when it would normally be at least a year. They are sold on Ebay and by some supermarkets. I thought I may have had a bad batch but the web is full of people with similar experiences as me.

SuperSix

Re: Powercell batteries

Postby SuperSix » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:45 am

If they're anything like the Powecell ones I remember in the green packets years ago, they'll leak within a month or two! Best avoided.
RobTDCI

Postby RobTDCI » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:40 pm

Indeed yes, that's why I thought it a good idea to put them up so people know just how crap they are! :x
Danny
Site Admin

Postby Danny » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:05 pm

Like the sort of batteries you buy at shops like poundland , home bargains, B&M stores etc. complete load of crap and leak
Arrowslim

Postby Arrowslim » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:12 pm

The only zinc chloride batteries I will buy are the Panasonic (Red & white) they are cheap. work well in clocks, remotes etc. & so far I've not had any leak.
RobTDCI

Postby RobTDCI » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Yeah the Panasonic zinc chloride batteries are good and cheap. These aren't fit for any purpose if they can't even manage to run a quartz clock for more than a few days. :evil:
amtrakuk

Postby amtrakuk » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:35 pm

Sounds dodgy batteries rob... I think we've got a stock of Duracell batteries somewhere. We did go though a phase of rechargeable but just they didn't cut the mustard and spent most the time in the charger

Return to “Hall of Shame”