‘Bringing dead city back to life’: Urban explorers turn on Chernobyl lights (PHOTOS)

Anything to do with discharge lamps mercury, SON, SOX etc and their control gear! Do you just need information on how to run a lamp correctly? Post it here!
amtrakuk

‘Bringing dead city back to life’: Urban explorers turn on Chernobyl lights (PHOTOS)

Postby amtrakuk » Sat May 06, 2017 9:22 pm

"“For a few seconds the lights strobed, and then they all suddenly went on, for the first time in 30 years. It’s hard to surprise me, but I was just walking with my mouth agape,” says Machnik."

Switch start lighting even working after a nuclear leak! Cracking article!

https://www.rt.com/viral/387386-chernob ... ty-lights/
FrontSideBus

Re: ‘Bringing dead city back to life’: Urban explorers turn on Chernobyl lights (PHOTOS)

Postby FrontSideBus » Sun May 07, 2017 10:34 am

That's awesome :)
Cobster

Re: ‘Bringing dead city back to life’: Urban explorers turn on Chernobyl lights (PHOTOS)

Postby Cobster » Fri May 12, 2017 11:13 pm

This is great.
I have wanted to do that with a few columns around my home area too.
Aah well, time, a small generator and some bollocks will come.

Has anybody else done anything like this before?
FrontSideBus

Postby FrontSideBus » Fri May 12, 2017 11:18 pm

Or even a car battery and an inverter.
OsramAwesomness2

Postby OsramAwesomness2 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:22 pm

Incredible
Account not in use
AngryHorse

Postby AngryHorse » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:41 pm

What an awesome way to urbex! ;clap however its no surprise these fittings still work after all these years, theres a certain `spooky` quality the these night shots too!, wonder how much of the circuits they had to disconnect though, to stop power from the generator energising right back to the incommers, and beyond?, they could easily and accidentally, re-energise a high power transformer doing this???
Welcome to OBLIVION

Return to “Discharge Lighting, Lamps & Control Gear”