Dirty, filthy, skanky customers....

Put anything here that's badly designed/made, failed, catastrophically exploded or just an epic fail in a general sort of way.
Slyspark

Dirty, filthy, skanky customers....

Postby Slyspark » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:10 pm

Yuk, Yuk, Yuk, just Yuk! Working in a house this week that stinks if cat piss and is littered with crap (in both senses of the word). It's fucking disgusting, how do people live like that? Friend if a friends mother and he's overseeing what I'm doing. He's quite clearly hugely embarrassed at the state his mother's house is, the full refurb is his attempt to sort it out. But what hope do you have when the place is full of completely un-housetrained animals. I genuinely feel dirty when I leave that place, can't wait for this job to be over. I'm not clearing any if it up, every time I find something, he gets instructed to deal with it. I can't wait for this week to be over.
Bad choices make good stories!
Danny
Site Admin

Re: Dirty, filthy, skanky customers....

Postby Danny » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:34 pm

Ah the typical domestic house bashing jobs that you actually wipe your feet on the way out . If the places are too bad that dad and i visit we refuse until its cleaned
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Oh and what makes this even worse is I left both of my 38w 2D GE Joblites on site as temporary lighting pending second fix. They've taken 18 months to actually be ready for me to go back and in that time they've dropped and smashed one and one of the cats has pissed all over the back of the other (these are not waterproof) so it's all got inside. Don't want either of them back now, I'll just charge them for both lights and leave them behind. Shame, cos they're genuine GE ones with wire-wound ballasts in. Cunts.
Danny
Site Admin

Postby Danny » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:41 pm

Arrrghhh i salute you for doing that job then. Id of refused. There was one that we went to and it was riddled with rats that were chewing the cables ok the plsce wasnt as bad as that place sounds but it was grotty abd in the loft we pulled out a cooked rat that must of been a foot long. I hate 99% of domestic jobs with a passion.
fluorescent

Postby fluorescent » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:25 pm

Yuck, another reason why I'm glad I became a commercial/industrial electrician! I'd rather be a bit dusty & occasionally greasy than rummaging around in lofts & the customers faecal matter lol
Country life, vintage lights and a gin & tonic
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:07 pm

Stopped late and got it finished today so I don't have to spend another day there. Thank Fuck fot that!
Kev

Postby Kev » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:43 pm

That's a shame I wouldn't of minded one of those GE work lights
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:57 am

Want me to go back and get them then Kev?
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:33 am

I've told the customer not to bin them, I'll see if I can get back there before the meet to collect!

Return to “Hall of Shame”