*Rant time* Nodes on street lights (Oldham area)

Anything at all to do with street lighting! Thats everything from vintage to modern! Their control gear, columns or just anything you need help with! You name it, post it here!
OsramAwesomness2

*Rant time* Nodes on street lights (Oldham area)

Postby OsramAwesomness2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:34 pm

Hey guys I just wanted to have a rant about this new node crap that's on the street lighting market. Ok so in 2013 I was in the Oldham area of Manchester saving SOX & the odd MBF/U lantern(s) when they were going on a new street lighting PFI scheme and there lanterns of choice are Urbis Evolo's and Advanced LEDs (More like Advanced piece of shit) with Zodion Vizion nodes and Master nodes which are also called collectors and it's now been 5 years since the PFI scheme had finished and with the new node system it just makes lanterns day burn and yet these cunts from your county........ Oh no wait sorry it's cunty council and they go babling on about Light pollution, Co2 emissions, saving money, etc). Tbh with that shitty node system there's more lanterns day burning then ever before and this probably applies to other county's too who are most likely to have the new installations fitted with crap like this and plus I've seen a whole street full of node controlled lanterns at night unlit which is stupid as that could cause a break in or something else that's serious and plus one of the managers who works for the street lighting team said "The new zodion vizion nodes and collectors are fantastic and we've never had an issue" What a complete ;wanker as the node system has faults with it, Its forever being worked on or I'm seeing nodes being replaced honestly what a waste of money it is and unlit streets is not fantastic either I'd rather stick to using normal photocells as you can't go wrong with them and all so the nodes look like a big fuckoff drawing pin sticking out of the lantern. Secondly another thing I'd like to address is that some of the nodes even like to kill themselves and finally I'd also love to say well done to Oldham council for spending ££££'s on complete, total, useless, sacks of shite the only thing good they got installed were the Urbis Evolos and Advanced piece of shit lanterns are also ofen killing them selves what an absolute waste of fucking space, money & time ;fool
Account not in use
AngryHorse

Re: *Rant time* Nodes on street lights (Oldham area)

Postby AngryHorse » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:38 pm

This fits perfect to what Mark has been saying ;clap , Oldham council is Labour!, so little wonder its burning money, then justifying everything as `going just swell`! :mrgreen:
Over here in Conservative Cheshire East, we ran a node system for a year, but our problems were random columns going out, then large numbers of them going out at the same time!
When our LED started to go up, CEC did away with the nodes and went back to trusty old cells ;cheers
Welcome to OBLIVION
OsramAwesomness2

Postby OsramAwesomness2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:52 pm

You can't beat a good "ole" original photocell and I'm glad they got rid of that node shite near yours mate it's fucking horrendous and most people who work for Oldham council are really lazy and only seem to care about sitting on there ass all day and getting money and also I have seen Chavez smashing the Advanced piece of shit lanterns too but if they kept all the SOX lanterns non of this would have happened if there SOX & MBF/U lanterns were just left alone to do what there suppost to but some of the SOX lanterns escaped the PFI which is a thank god moment but those lanterns will be getting there pictures taken
Account not in use
AngryHorse

Postby AngryHorse » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:16 pm

I`m lucky enough to just remember our MBFs in the late 70s, before our whole town went 100% SOX, but out of that 100%, I bet we have a mear 2% left now, and about 5 columns of that 2% are the original 1960s Z9490/91s, (although only 3 of the 5 are still lit, with one loosing its outreach arm due to concrete fatigue)!, and oddly enough we only have ONE road now thats still SON lit!
Welcome to OBLIVION
OsramAwesomness2

Postby OsramAwesomness2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:05 pm

Fucking hell lets hope the SON units stay
Account not in use
Kev

Postby Kev » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:53 pm

Cornwall council went to node system zodion started being installed in 2009 and finished in 2012 51000 lanterns went to cosmo the ZX1s and 3s were converted anything else was changed to an evolo even 2 year old iridiums were skipped.
From day one there were lanterns randomly day burning a couple have never worked properly some have been day burning for litterly years lol
Now they have decided to move away from cosmo and have got Harvard to knock up some lash up led tray they are fitting now. They are no longer buying any cosmo lamps or ballasts. I did hear from davy that at one point they had 2000+ ballasts boxed ready to send back to zodion! ;rfl when they first started this I phoned up and had a rather heated debate with the designer about how shit the system was and how shit electronic ballasts are. He told me that these were "military spec " to which I replied if zodion have told you that they are talking shit. A BSN is military spec!
You think your labour run council is bad.... we have liberal democrats more like liberal undemocratics!
Kev

Postby Kev » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:56 pm

Must add the new led trays they have started lashing in are fucking shit. Little dim patch of light on the floor under the lantern absolute joke! I feel another rant coming on!
HIDLamp

Postby HIDLamp » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:40 pm

I have to agree with you on those LED retrofits, they are utter crap. I've seen a few kicking around. There's one in a ZX3 outside the Premier Inn at Quintrell Downs. I've spotted a few Evolos with them too.
Danny
Site Admin

Postby Danny » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:03 pm

Theyre awful them led trays wtf they thinking
OsramAwesomness2

Postby OsramAwesomness2 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:09 pm

Cornwall council went to node system zodion started being installed in 2009 and finished in 2012 51000 lanterns went to cosmo the ZX1s and 3s were converted anything else was changed to an evolo even 2 year old iridiums were skipped.
From day one there were lanterns randomly day burning a couple have never worked properly some have been day burning for litterly years lol
Now they have decided to move away from cosmo and have got Harvard to knock up some lash up led tray they are fitting now. They are no longer buying any cosmo lamps or ballasts. I did hear from davy that at one point they had 2000+ ballasts boxed ready to send back to zodion! ;rfl when they first started this I phoned up and had a rather heated debate with the designer about how shit the system was and how shit electronic ballasts are. He told me that these were "military spec " to which I replied if zodion have told you that they are talking shit. A BSN is military spec!
You think your labour run council is bad.... we have liberal democrats more like liberal undemocratics!
Military spec my ass I can't believe Zodion have gone from brilliant to utter garbage and I agree with you Zodion employees majority of the time enjoy talking shit
Account not in use

Return to “Street Lighting”