Waving goodbye to Sox lamps?

Anything at all to do with street lighting! Thats everything from vintage to modern! Their control gear, columns or just anything you need help with! You name it, post it here!
Danny
Site Admin

Waving goodbye to Sox lamps?

Postby Danny » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:22 pm

No comment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OsramAwesomness2

Re: Waving goodbye to Sox lamps?

Postby OsramAwesomness2 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:00 am

WTF HAVE PHILIPS LOST THERE FUCKING MINDS! They want to discontinue SOX for shit what a bunch of ;wanker there are who work there and secondly what about the people who still use SOX like us on this forum for the further future and I think this discontinuation is an absolute abomination ;fool
Account not in use
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:39 pm

Sadly, I'm not at all surprised by this, the only real surprise is that it's not an announcement of immediate discontinuation. I've been expecting this for ages, with the way the plague of shit LED lanterns is sweeping SOX away everywhere, it was only going to be a matter of time. Add that to the fact that SOX lamps are silly money now and it's not really a surprise. I guess this has been on the cards a while now.

Give it a few yrs and we'll also be waving goodbye to SON, Halide, Fluorescent, in fact, anything that's not LED. Best to start stocking up on any lamp types that are not LED as soon that's all you'll be able to get.
Bad choices make good stories!
OsramAwesomness2

Postby OsramAwesomness2 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:13 am

Sadly, I'm not at all surprised by this, the only real surprise is that it's not an announcement of immediate discontinuation. I've been expecting this for ages, with the way the plague of shit LED lanterns is sweeping SOX away everywhere, it was only going to be a matter of time. Add that to the fact that SOX lamps are silly money now and it's not really a surprise. I guess this has been on the cards a while now.

Give it a few yrs and we'll also be waving goodbye to SON, Halide, Fluorescent, in fact, anything that's not LED. Best to start stocking up on any lamp types that are not LED as soon that's all you'll be able to get.
I agree with you mate it is best If we stock up on these SOX, SON, Halide, Fluorescent and MBF/U lamps while we still can
Account not in use
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:16 am

MBF/U lamps are already getting harder to find as these were banned a couple of yrs ago :(
Bad choices make good stories!
OsramAwesomness2

Postby OsramAwesomness2 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:45 am

MBF/U lamps are already getting harder to find as these were banned a couple of yrs ago :(
Oh dang
Account not in use
AngryHorse

Postby AngryHorse » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:22 pm

This doesn`t surprise me either, Philips have been looking for an excuse to close Hamilton for years, but at the end of the day, the low pressure sodium lamp has had an 85 year run :?
OsramAwesomness2

Postby OsramAwesomness2 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:00 pm

When Philips have discontinued SOX bulbs altogether I really fucking well hope they stick the final ones up there arses because Philips have gone utter shit like Urbis and the LED crap
Account not in use

Return to “Street Lighting”