Thorn Pop-Pack

Any sort of fluorescent Light fittings, lamps, CFLs basically anything that has a fluorescent tube! Any experiments or basically any info or help anyone needs post it here!
Slyspark

Thorn Pop-Pack

Postby Slyspark » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:28 am

Ok, so anyone else noticed Thorn no longer offer the Pop-Pack in 2' version? Seems the only lengths they now offer are 4, 5 and 6'
Bad choices make good stories!
FrontSideBus

Re: Thorn Pop-Pack

Postby FrontSideBus » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:58 am

Probably no longer any demand for it.
Cobster

Postby Cobster » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:33 pm

Yes. I spotted that. Our last order where I work was changed for Ascot brand.
We usually get twin T8 2' SS with diffusers for use in corridors. They are appalingly thin steel but seem to be holding up well in 24hr use.
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:21 pm

Now the Arrowslim range has gone as well, I'm not sure Thorn offer anything in 2' in fluorescent any more. The beginning of the end for fluorescent everywhere it seems :(
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:01 pm

I agree, the number of things the wholesalers no longer keep as there's 'No demand':

Fluorescent fittings
SON wallpacks
SON floodlights
Hi-Bay & Low-Bay fittings (in any type other than LED)
Halide floods
Fluorescent emergency lights

No demand for any of those. Actually, there's apparently no demand for anything not LED :(
Slyspark

Postby Slyspark » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:09 pm

This is very true. Plenty of old stuff out there if you know where to look. It's the stuff that isn't that old and should be easy to still find that is becoming a problem! Means you end up ripping out almost new fittings as you can't get lamps or parts easily any more :(
Ash

Postby Ash » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:05 pm

My go to wholesaler stocks most types of general stuff, though big part of it is just uncleared NOS (and he is big into pushing LEDs, even though their own experience lighting up their own shop with LEDs is not great...). Some while back he ran out of starters... i ordered a few S10's just to push them to reorder from their supplier as quick as possible

I think if we want to keep the technologies we want, we have to take matters out of the hands of the LED supply chain into our own. I am really looking forward for anyone who would take interest in any of the closing lamp factories

Return to “Fluorescent Lighting”