Replacement GEC Z8256 Bowls....

Anything at all to do with street lighting! Thats everything from vintage to modern! Their control gear, columns or just anything you need help with! You name it, post it here!
Slyspark

Replacement GEC Z8256 Bowls....

Postby Slyspark » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:41 pm

Replacement GEC Z8256 Bowls.... I've approached a vacuum forming company with regards to having some bowls made up for the above lantern. The cost of tooling for this is NOT cheap, therefore, it's only likely to happen if enough people might be interested in one. If you might like one of these, please comment below. At the moment, you do NOT have to commit to taking one and you don't need to pay me anything at this time either, this is just to get an idea if this is possible and to enable me to work out a price each for them IF this goes ahead. The bows themselves will be in CLEAR UV-stabilised plastic WITHOUT refractors (easy enough to stick these in yourself if you want these) The bowls will be the same shape and size as the one in the picture above, but they will NOT have the curled lip around the edge. (the cost of a reverse form to do this was over £2.5K so that's a non-starter). Bowls will have a flat edge, which is what most of the after-market ones had and will work perfectly well and importantly still look right. Please let me know if interested.
Bad choices make good stories!
Slyspark

Re: Replacement GEC Z8256 Bowls....

Postby Slyspark » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:46 pm

http://80.229.24.59:9232/gallery/displa ... play_media - Link to an image of the lantern in question.
Bad choices make good stories!

Return to “Street Lighting”