Off too early?

Anything at all to do with street lighting! Thats everything from vintage to modern! Their control gear, columns or just anything you need help with! You name it, post it here!
HIDLamp

Off too early?

Postby HIDLamp » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:48 pm

Cumbria Council are currently swapping all the 4 module Urbis Axias for mid-size R2L2 as a trial for a new CMS switching system based around a SELC node. Each SELC node can detect light levels, so there are no columns slaved off other columns.
However I've yet to see any of them work as they all appear to be switching off long before the older (2015) R2L2s which a swited via 20lux cells. This past week the old R2L2s have still been lit on my way to work but the new one are all off, these new CMS things must be operating around 10lux or something!
Is there such a thing as switch off too early.
P.S. I'll hopefully see the switching on paterns once the clocks change.
Slyspark

Re: Off too early?

Postby Slyspark » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:42 pm

There is such a thing yes, half of Surrey switches off at midnight - I'd say that was too early :p

On a serious note, the node system here won't react to events such as really gloomy / stormy weather when it can get really dark - none of the nights can detect this or turn on like the older ones on cells might once have done. They do seem to come on way after dusk and go out quite early as well. Personally, I think they need to come on a little earlier and go off a little later.
Bad choices make good stories!

Return to “Street Lighting”