School Lighting Fail

Put anything here that's badly designed/made, failed, catastrophically exploded or just an epic fail in a general sort of way.
HIDLamp

School Lighting Fail

Postby HIDLamp » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:47 pm

I just rembered what the lighting in the dining hall at my old secondary school. The hall was built in 2012 as a new extension and there were so many lighting fails it was unreal. The first one was that there was a corridor where everyone queued. It was lit with recessed CDM down lights that had switches mounted at waist height, perfect for accidentally bumping into, thus hot restrike issues.
The main area was lit with a random mix of lights. Some of which were Hacel T5 recessed circlines, aka the most unreliable lights I've ever seen and were one motion detectors.
Other lights were a 4 diffeant types of CFL downlight. Some single lamp other dual lamp and three differant lamp types bwteen them, these were on a system where by you pressed a button and they'd light for a set amount of time, thus meaning that they'd go out randomly, there were also a run on CDMs on this system too. Who thought that was a good idea I don't know.
Then outside they put the most pointless 35W halide spots to shine up the building, these lasted about 2 months before they's all be kicked out.

So in summary CDMs that would time out, more CDMs that could be switched off accidentally and three differant types of PLT in one room.
I'll try to find a photo.

Return to “Hall of Shame”