Airam Incandescent factory

Any sort of discussion to do with any lighting whether it be vintage to modern!
Ash

Airam Incandescent factory

Postby Ash » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:41 pm

In relation to :

http://www.lighting-gallery.net/index.php?topic=6081.0

According to what i know for now (from the link), this is a small scale Incandescent lamp production line, which can be operated by 3 people. It would be very worth saving, much like my ballast factory project. There are few things that could be done with it :

- LED lamp production line. While maybe not as interesting, it will allow some money influx, which is allways a good thing...

- What i am really looking for in it is Cathodes for Fluorescent lamps. If the thing can draw filaments and make stem assemblies (which i am yet to find out, do they make them there or source from elsewhere), that is coming a fairly long way towards the making of a Fluorescent lamp. Which means, future proof availability of any Fluorescent lamp we want and are able to make. I am thinking mostly towards e.g. 2D's

- Halogen-in-GLS and HIDs, if we can source the capsule or arctube from elsewhere..

I contacted them, but there is no reply. Perhaps anyone is in a position to try contacting them as an entity and not as a small person ?

Return to “General Lighting Discussion”